Vattenfall/ BA Heat/ OU Heat Projects develops and implements all of Vattenfall's cogeneration and new heating plant construction projects, but also modification and life time extension projects. The Engineering Department - within the Operational Unit (OU) Heat Projects - consists of an international team of highly qualified engineers from various fields. The Engineering department supports the project teams by controlling and/or executing the engineering and supervising construction, commissioning and handover of new plants to the future operator in coordination with stakeholders. In addition to this, the Engineering department also supports the projects in the preparation of time schedules, investment cost estimates and quality management.
Vattenfall has decided to convert the generation of electricity and district heating to fossil-free energy sources within one generation (Power Climate Smarter Living). In this context, the Engineering Department will continue to deepen its knowledge and experience with innovative technologies (P2G, P2H, H2 technologies, heat pumps, etc.).
In order to support the development and implementation of our technical activities in a comprehensive project portfolio, we are looking for two
Instrumentation and Control Engineers (f/m/d)
The location is Berlin. The position is unlimited.
Your Job as an Instrumentation and Control Engineer (f/m/d)
Projects are executed by contractors. In order for Vattenfall requirements and standards to be met as well as the site-specific boundary conditions, a client engineering team is required to control, steer and monitor the technical execution of the project. Notably, the client team must ensure that the plant can be operated safely after completion and that conformity with maintenance and operating philosophies is guaranteed.
As an Instrumentation and Control Engineer, you will contribute to Front End Engineering, Basis of Design (BOD) and the Basic Design Package (BDP). You will also provide essential input for the Invitation To Tender (ITT), participate in the preparation of award proposals and accompany the technical negotiations.
Further tasks include:
- Developing, implementing and coordinating of technical solutions in connection with control and power plant-specific tasks
- Preparation of project phase-dependent documents (tasks, tenders, presentations, minutes of meetings, etc.) and cost estimates
- Setting up and monitoring time schedules
- Participation in project meetings, negotiations, evaluation of bids and preparation of award recommendations
- Review of engineering documents from contractors during execution
- Quality assurance and quality control during the construction, commissioning and handover phase
- Participation in cross-project and cross-departmental experience exchanges
In this function, you will report to the department “Manager Discipline Engineering" within the Engineering Department and for project specific matters the "Engineering Manager" within a project.
Your Profil as an Instrumentation and Control Engineer (f/m/d)
Our candidate must have a relevant university degree in electrical engineering and at least 3 years of professional experience in engineering processes and project execution. You have an excellent command of the German language, English (CEF B1) is mandatory.
Your personal and professional skills include
- Assertiveness, initiative and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge in control Systems, measurement Technology, DCS Systems and industrial communication systems
- Strong analytical skills and structured working style
- Enjoy working together within international teams with interdisciplinary topics and willingness to travel
- Extensive knowledge of thermal power plants and heat generation plants
We strive to be a role model for diversity and welcome applications regardless of age, gender, disability or ethnic origin.
- Full time
- Start: 01.04.2019
- Location: Berlin
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Uwe Schulz: +49 40/2718 3960.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Lena Vormbrock, Recruiter, +49 40/ 79022 2308.