Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential, possibilities and responsibilities, and be a part of a growing organization with special focus on Offshore Wind, you may be the person we are looking for. We are now looking for an Interface Manager for our Business Area Wind.
Your job as Interface Manager
- Actively manage the technical interfaces in offshore windfarm project and support product roadmaps to ensure
o optimal engineering solutions for major interfaces ensuring continuous cost
o clear and best allocation of the interface responsibility
o commercial claims due to interfaces between the contracts are avoided
- Embedded in project teams, the interface manager will coordinate the clarification of technical interfaces (e.g. structural, electrical, contractual) between internal/external stakeholders and different contract lots
- Support product and systems roadmaps to ensure seamless integration of product building blocks into the overall offshore windfarm set up
- Establish and maintain tools as interface matrix/drawing and supporting documents, clarifying the detailed responsibilities for each interface. This includes the scope of supply, design responsibility, execution responsibility, documentation requirements, acceptance criteria, inspection requirements, hand-over and acceptance procedure, each with its particular delivery date
- Facilitate the decision making process in offshore windfarm projects
- Allocate or manage engineering scope not captured in major supply contract
- Conduct regular interface risk evaluations with risk manager
- Facilitate and coordinate interface meetings with internal and external stakeholders
Your profile as Interface Manager
- University degree in engineering other relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years of broad technical experience, preferably in the offshore wind or related industry
- Background within complex multidisciplinary and international project environments
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to consolidate complex and scattered information into clear and structured format
- Team player, with excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong networks with key stakeholders
- Positive and highly cooperative mindset
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
Location can be flexible on one of the main Vattenfall locations (London, Kolding or Hamburg). Regular business trips are expected.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Please let us know your salary expectations. Last day to apply is August 31st 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Philipp Degenhardt, Manager Certification & Interface Management, phone +49 172 423 3061 (available after 15.08.2018). For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!