Become part of our Mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential, possibilities and responsibilities, and be a part of a growing organization with special focus on Offshore Wind, you may be the person we are looking for.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
We are now looking for an Interface Manager for our Business Area Wind.
Your job as Interface Manager:
Actively manage the interfaces in offshore windfarm projects and support product roadmaps to
- ensure optimal integration of sub-systems into the overall offshore windfarm system
- ensure engineering solutions for interfaces meet the continuous cost reduction efforts.
- ensure clear and best allocation of the interface responsibility in project and contract frameworks
- avoid claims and delays due to unclear interfaces between the contracts in execution.
- Embedded in project teams, the interface manager will drive the clarification of technical interfaces (e.g. structural, electrical, contractual) between internal/external stakeholders and different contract lots on asset projects.
- Supporting product development teams, the interface manager will ensure that product building blocks are optimized towards the overall offshore windfarm system
- Establish and maintain tools as interface matrix/drawing and supporting documents, clarifying the detailed responsibilities for each interface. This includes the scope of supply, design responsibility, execution responsibility, documentation requirements, acceptance criteria, inspection requirements, hand-over and acceptance procedure, each with its particular delivery date;
- Facilitate the decision making process in offshore windfarm projects and product roadmaps;
- Allocate or manage engineering scope not captured in major supply contract;
- Conduct regular interface risk evaluations with risk manager;
- Facilitate and coordinate interface meetings with internal and external stakeholders;
- Support and establish system integration processes within product roadmaps.
Your profile as Interface Manager:
- University degree in engineering other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of broad technical experience, preferably in the offshore wind or related industry.
- Background within complex multidisciplinary and international project environments or experience in product development, including system integration and optimization within wind or similar industry.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to consolidate complex and scattered information into clear and structured format.
- Team player, with excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong networks with key stakeholders.
- Positive and highly cooperative mindset
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- Strong command in English language, Danish and/or German will be beneficial.
Location can be flexible on two of the main Vattenfall locations (Kolding or Hamburg). Regular business trips are expected.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues -- the ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 25 June 2019.
For more information about the recruitment process contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786. For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Philipp Degenhardt, Manager Certification & Interface Management, phone +49 172 423 3061.
We welcome applications of disabled persons. At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We look forward to receiving your application!