Do you have a curious and analytical mind and are you able to work with sophisticated with mathematical models? And are you a natural communicator who likes to take on a coordinating role? Do you like programming models? We might have an interesting position for you!
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for top talents to join our Junior Analyst Program - Power Analyst in the Value Forecasting & Optimization department. The department‘s models enable the integration of ever higher amounts of renewable energy sources into the exiting power system.
The Junior Analyst Program – Power Analyst:
The program runs for 18 months and will usually lead to a permanent contract thereafter. It provides the junior analysts with exposure to the energy business Vattenfall is active in via a structured introduction to the different commercial activities in the energy business. You will work in all main areas of work of the team, each for four to five months. During each assignment you work closely with the respective senior analyst(s) and front office on a daily basis. The analysis work will be complemented by international workshops focusing on your personal development and our Vattenfall principles.
You will be working in the Operational Unit (OU) Operations. OU Operations is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division - the mission is to enable business. OU Operations is consisting of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, IT to project management. Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Junior Analyst:
- Development of models for, e.g. asset optimization, physical power trading or price forecasting.
- Help Vattenfall to optimally steer its wind portfolio and dispatch its hydro and conventional assets and get decisions executed on the exchanges
- Supporting Front Office in operating the models and taking in their change requests
- Giving customers hands-on decision support
- Proactively seeking opportunities to constantly improve operational processes.
Our ideal Junior Analyst has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- A curious and analytical mind. You enjoy thinking out of the box and taking own initiatives. You have the willingness to leave your comfort zone and learn new things.
- Able to work with sophisticated mathematical models, or are comfortable learning to do so. But at the same time, you are flexible enough to work on more straightforward analyses (such as crunching large amounts of data), if this is what is needed to support the business.
- Natural communicator and have the willingness to have direct and frequent interaction with the Front Office (Sales, Origination, Trading). You are happy to take initiative in interacting with our customers.
- Enthusiastic about working close with other members of the team – sharing ideas and developing models together.
- Academic degree of a relevant quantitative/financial discipline, such as econometrics, engineering, mathematics, physics or similar
- Good programming knowledge – preferably Python
- Fluent in English. German or Swedish is a plus.
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of, e.g., age, gender, disability, and ethnic background.Where are you going to work?
OU Operations is part of the Business Area (BA) Markets. BA Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.Our Offer
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company.Are you interested?
Please send your application before the 7th of November, 2018.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +4940790227788. We look forward to receiving your application!