Do you want to get your professional career started? Would you like to work for one of Europe’s largest generator of electricity and one of the largest producer of heat?
Business Area Markets, part of Vattenfall, is now looking for ambitious Graduates/ Young Professionals to fill the position as (Junior) Cloud Software Engineer (m/f) joining our dynamic and committed team. We are in charge of delivering software solutions/ composing platforms for analytical purposes across the whole Business Area.
The location of this position is Hamburg.
As a (Junior) Cloud Software Engineer in OU Operations, Business Infrastructure Markets IT you have the following key responsibilities:
Your personal characteristics:
- Software design / engineering in agile teams
- Offering fast & efficient cloud solutions towards our quick and demanding business
- Teaming up with Analysts / Trade Analysts and Data Engineers in an agile way to deliver fast results
- You have good cooperation and communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information and manage different stakeholders
- Ideally skills in developing and delivering software in the cloud
- Ideally knowledge and experience with complex software and cloud solutions
- Fast learner and early adopter of new business and technological developments and entrepreneurial behavior
- You are a team player and preferably you already worked in agile teams
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written
- University degree or equal qualification, preferably computer science oriented
- You are familiar with Microservice technologies and their architecture
- You have some experience in developing with (at least one of) the programming languages Java, C# and Python
- Preferably you already developed systems in the cloud, like Microsoft Azure
- Experience in offering and using web services
- Ideally you have already worked with Container like Docker, AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service) or OpenShift
We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of e.g. age, gender, disability and ethnic background.Our OrganizationBusiness Area (BA) Markets
maximizes the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimizing and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimize 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.The Operational Unit (OU) Operations
, part of BA Markets, is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division - the mission is to enable business. OU Operations consists of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, IT to project management. More Information
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact hiring manager Torsten Rinne via phone +494024430 644, for information about the recruitment process please contact recruiter Selma Budak, via phone +494079022 7788 or apply directly via the application button stating also your salary expectation and earliest start date.
We look forward to receiving your application!