Fossil Free within one generation - we are looking for bright minds to make this happen!
Are you interested in complex processes and financial figures, but want also to have a deeper insight on what is driving the related business? Join the world of Energy Trading and Risk Management!
For our office in Hamburg we are looking for top talents to join our Junior ETRM Analyst Program in the Operations department of BA Markets.
The Junior ETRM Analyst Program
The program runs for 24 months. As a Junior ETRM Analyst at BA Markets you will be part of the ETRM (Energy Trading and Risk Management) team with other young professionals. We are looking for a motivated person willing to learn and to understand the business needs and participate in an active and dynamic role in small multi-disciplinary teams. Professional development will be supported based on the candidate’s competencies and interests. We are investing in new technology and have several challenges in front of us in a changing world.
Within ETRM, the Operational Optimisation team holds both Risk Analysis and IT technical business competencies where we take care for the license to trade.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Junior ETRM Analyst in Operational Optimisation
- Learn about risk data processes and ensure high quality of the processes
- In charge of functional maintenance and coordination with service provider for technical maintenance of the system
- Working within complex ETRM development projects and model the future with the help of newest technology
- Assist the Trading business by gradually becoming the expert on the risk & trading systems
- Enhance existent applications in the area of ETRM
As a successful Junior ETRM Analyst
your work is defined by initiative and taking a proactive approach. You are performance-driven with a cooperative and team-oriented working style. Besides that, you convince with the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business, Information Technology or similar qualification
- Willingness to learn more about business complex and critical processes and software development
- Strong analytical skills and high reliability
- Effective communication
- Fluent in English, preferably also fluent in either German, Dutch or Swedish
This is an excellent opportunity for talented individuals who want to start their career with a challenging job within a leading company with good career and personal development opportunities. We are striving for diversity & inclusion and we therefore welcome applications from all individuals regardless of, e.g., age, gender, disability, and ethnic background.What we offer
- International working environment
- Office located in the heart of Hamburg
- Flexible working hours incl. home office
- 30 days / year vacation
- Internal and external training and development opportunities
- HVV Profi Ticket
- Company pension scheme
- Workplace health promotion
Vattenfall is one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and is primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We also have a significant stake in the growing wind energy market in Western Europe. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.More Information:
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +4940790227788. Please send your application before April 8th, 2019.We look forward to receiving your application!