Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are now looking for a Land Manager, UK Offshore Wind who, as part of the respective project team, take the lead role in managing negotiation and completion of all agreements for land access and onshore rights required for the development of offshore wind projects, initially focused on Norfolk Vanguard, Norfolk Boreas (“Norfolk Projects”) and Thanet Extension.
Overall purpose of the role
These projects require significant onshore infrastructure including cabling and substations/other equipment and also temporary access arrangements for construction. The role will also provide appropriate support on land matters as required to the development, tendering, consenting, design and procurement activities to Final Investment Decision in a cost effective, safe and timely manner to achieve pre-defined company targets.
Your responsibilities as Land Manager, UK Offshore Wind
Your qualifications as Land Manager, UK Offshore Wind
- To support and assist the Project Manager and Project Team with all matters relating to landowner engagement and, specifically, the putting in place of all onshore land rights required to deliver the project to a successful FID;
- Lead the negotiation of any required agreements, such as exclusivity arrangements, survey access, option arrangements and leases or easement/way leaves;
- To appoint, direct, manage and co-ordinate any external consultants/agents involved in land owner identification, discussion and negotiation;
- To manage all relevant internal interfaces such as engineering, communications, legal and development staff to ensure that land arrangements fully reflect the needs of the project and protect the interests of the company;
- To act as the centre of expertise within the project team and the UK offshore development team on matters related to land and landowner/agent relationships;
- Negotiate effectively with relevant business partners, consultees, contractors and stakeholders in order to achieve project milestones consistent with defined timetables and strict financial objectives;
- Other relevant support to the project as requested by the Project Manager;
- To assist in and promote the continuous improvement of project management, helping to lower levelised energy costs and supporting other commercial and development processes to help ensure the organisation and project continue to reflect and keep pace with changes in the marketplace, maintain a competitive edge and align with internal strategy;
- To promote a safety conscious, high energy, motivated organisation and a culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, integrity and professional team development.
Candidates will have had some experience and a track record in managing landowner relationships in an infrastructure project. This will include the successful delivery of secured rights through option agreements and the negotiation of leases and /or wayleaves and easements. A proven ability to manage key relationships with landowners and external stakeholders is also required. A working knowledge of the project development process (including the primary inputs that drive the commercial viability of projects), Health and Safety culture and regulations is also preferred.
- Multi-skilled self-starter, with high levels of energy & commitment to deliver;
- A relevant qualification in Land Management or equivalent experience;
- +5 years experience in a similar role;
- Some awareness of renewable energy policy and its impact on project development;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to function well in a team environment and be able to build and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups;
- An aptitude for complex negotiation and good communication skills;
- Good understanding of basic health and safety requirements.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.Location
The location of the position is within the UK at any of Edinburgh, Hexham or Penzance offices. Travel will be required according to the needs of the project.More information
For more information about the positions or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bastiaan Moll, Senior Recruiter, phone +31654916494 or mail [email protected]
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 5th of April
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Our organisation
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
In the UK we own and operate the Edinbane, Clashindarroch, Swinford, Pendine, and Parc Cynog onshore wind farms and the Thanet, Kentish Flats, KFE & Ormonde offshore wind farms. We have a significant portfolio of development projects on and offshore. We look forward to your application!