Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with an ambition to become fossil free within one generation.
We are looking for an Lead Engineer – HVAC Primary Systems to work within our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects to drive technical excellence through the whole project lifecycle.
Working within the Electrical & SCADA department of Engineering, the Lead Engineer for Primary Systems shall have technical responsibility for primary HVAC systems elements within the offshore business. Scope of responsibility within HVAC Primary Systems includes transformers, circuit breakers, harmonic filtering as well as passive and dynamic reactive compensation systems.
Description of the position as Lead Engineer – HVAC Primary Systems
• Display HSE leadership to help us deliver inherently safer and more sustainable offshore wind assets
• Take overall technical responsibility for high voltage AC primary system scope elements for both onshore and offshore substations.
• Play a leading role in promoting and embedding Engineering as the technical authority with Vattenfall BA Wind offshore activities
• Work with asset projects, technology/product workstreams and Electrical & SCADA functional unit to drive standardisation, asset assurance and maintenance strategies that create value through the complete project lifecycle.
• Engage with Procurement Category Management to develop the supplier interaction, define scope split and interfaces within primary system delivery and optimise risk allocation with the supply chain.
• Build expertise within the Electrical & SCADA functional unit by ensuring design assurance and lessons learnt are controlled captured within relevant processes, standards and specifications
• Develop competency network through a combination of internal and external resources to allow Engineering to provide a range of construction and asset management technical services for primary systems.
• Quality assurance of the technical specifications and requirements related to primary systems, and control of quality during manufacturing, installation and commissioning phases.
• Strong HSE culture, with a commitment to contribute to the development and delivery of safety by design
• High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
• Degree level educated in electrical/power systems
• Min 5 years of experience within transmission/distribution substation design and construction
• Demonstrable experience from early concept selection/FEED through to construction and installation/commissioning of offshore and/or onshore substations
• Experience with onshore and offshore substation layout and design
• Familiar with interface between primary/secondary electrical plant and equipment
• Experience in design assurance of technologies from concept phase through to commercial availability
• Familiar with renewable energy technologies, preferably on-and offshore wind
• Good English language skills. Danish/German language skills an advantage
• Flexible approach to travel and working offshore
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Hamburg, London or Kolding.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter, Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is April 28th 2019.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!