Become part of our Mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Manager O&M Projects within Busines Area Wind, Offshore. The Manager for O&M Projects and this team works as the first line support and takes the lead of projects of varying complexity and size and ensure delivery within quality, time, and budget, and by that support the sites to maximize their profit in a safe way.
As Manager for O&M Projects you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Continuously keep an updated view of the incoming projects and tasks for your department and set the right priorities and follow up on progress
- Continuously develop and improve the departments processes
- Plan and lead complex projects in close cooperation with our clusters
- Ensure delivery within quality, scope, and budget
- Capture lessons learned and feedback from passed projects, carefully select and ensure these are feed back into the organisation
As Manager for O&M Projects you will have the following key deliverables/activities:
- Plan and secure resources needed and ensure that the team is working towards set targets and follow our processes. Main purpose of the job is to develop and coordinate the unit.
- You will lead, motivate, and support your team and colleagues within Operational Support
- Actively manage stakeholders and their expectations
- Pro-actively interact with our clusters to share know-how and best practice and optimize their performance
- Develop the services for selected platforms in line with the ambition of first line support
- The focus for your team is to deliver project management to: Main Component Exchanges, End of Warranty Inspections, Fast Response Plan for grid related issues and other O&M Projects.
What we are looking for:
Our best candidate has a relevant University degree or equal, with a minimum of five years relevant work experience in a similar position. Extensive experienced in technical and operation and maintenance is a must and experience from leading change in large international organizations is considered as an advantage. Your command in English is strong, both verbally and written.
As a person you are structured, independent, and result oriented. You have superior interpersonal skills and are a natural leader. We are looking for a person who has the ability to simplify complexity yet is flexible enough to find the best ways forward. You are a team player who actively engages people by asking, sharing, helping or asking for help. You are also pro-active, transparent, performance and results oriented. Sound communication skills and ability to travel is a must.
The position is addressing a very broad field of areas, dependencies and interfaces, which will require a big sense of flexibility and openness in finding solutions. This requires you as responsible manager for O&M Projects to drive, develop and optimize collaboration with our colleagues in other departments to support our clusters in the best possible way.
You have a clear feeling of “sense of urgency” as we work in a fast-paced environment and like to drive and handle change. You have the courage to think differently, seeing opportunities rather than problems. If it comes natural to you to be a confident leader who engage, develop and grow your team this is a role for you!
You are responsive and humble as well as a decision maker. Networking is also an important part of the job why this is something you enjoy and have great skills in.
You will be responsible for securing that the unit meets short- to midterm goals and customer expectations. You will be responsible for the performance and output.
The location can be flexible on one of the main Vattenfall locations. Regular business trips are required.
What we offer:
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues -- the ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 4 June 2019. For more information about the recruitment process contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
We welcome applications of disabled persons. At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We look forward to receiving your application!