O&M Package Manager (Jr and Mid), Vattenfall onshore Wind Power
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as O&M Package Manager (Junior or Mid).
The O&M Package Manager is recruited into BU Onshore Wind and will be working in Onshore Wind projects during the earlier stages of projects being development and procurement, during the construction phase and also into the hand-over to Asset Management and O&M Delivery. The role sits within Project Support in Project Delivery.
The immediate support is required for development projects in Sweden, the Netherlands, Denmark and the UK.
The principal task of the O&M Package Manager is to ensure the implementation of the operating model within new assets, supporting the project delivery team and facilitating a smooth transition from construction to operation. The role is a core part of delivering Day 1 Readiness and this is achieved by getting involved early, being embedded in the project team throughout the realisation phase.
Your responsibilities as an O&M Package Manager
• Set up, ensure compliance with, and continuously improve Day 1 Readiness standards, templates, procedures & processes along-side the project/company standards in accordance with Vattenfall and BA Wind standards;
• Take active part in the Day 1 Readiness network and interface with other business functions;
• Promote the interests of operations within development and construction projects;
• Develop the opex and availability assumptions to help build strong business cases, including potential future cost reduction measures to lower the Levelised Energy Cost for new projects;
• Develop the O&M strategies for new sites, specifying O&M requirements and developing fleet synergies;
• Negotiate service and maintenance contracts (in particular for the turbine supply);
• Ensure HSE policies are part of the designs and O&M set up;
• Deliver a timely and efficient Hand Over of new wind farms to operations, ensuring Day 1 Readiness for the site;
• Participate in design reviews and quality control;
• Apply lessons learnt by continuously improving internal processes and templates
• Higher education in Engineering or a minimum of three years of experience in an Engineering or Scientific Discipline
Your qualifications as an O&M Package Manager
• Experience of the O&M phase
• Experience in large-scale / complex construction projects (e.g. energy, infrastructure)
• Performance oriented and proactive
• Command of both Swedish and English language is strong, both verbally and written
• Proven track record in project management and an ability to simultaneously manage several tasks to often challenging deadlines
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads and frequent changes in priorities
• Able to work in a team and build up strong relationships
• Capable of working autonomously
• Experience of working in the wind farm industry is a strong plus
• Experience of working cross-culturally and across global locations is a plus
• Negotiation skills is a plus
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is Amsterdam or Stockholm. This positions requires corporate travels.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Anneli Jarlsheim, Recruiter, +46-72 585 28 76
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is Feb 24th.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Rolf Ohlsson - Akademikernas, Christer Gustavsson - Ledarna Leif Karlsson - SEKO, samt Anders Bohlin - Unionen
They will all be reached at switchboard: +46 (0) 8-739 50 00.
“Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.”