Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
As the company’s ambitions for growth in renewable energy increases, the demand for procurement expertise grows. We are therefore looking for the right person to join our Category Management (CAM) team responsible for Offshore Wind Turbine Service Specialist.
As an Offshore Wind Turbine Service Specialist within Business Area Wind, working in an outstanding commercial and international environment, you will have a significant impact on Vattenfall realising its transition to a more sustainable energy portfolio by securing the necessary equipment and services at best value for the company.
The Offshore Wind Procurement team is part of a fast evolving business and our successful candidate is a strategic thinker with a commercial focus building on the foundations already established throughout the last years of development. You will be engaging with the Wind Turbine Service supply chain, executives internally and externally to define category and procurement strategies as well as identifying novel market approaches to maximize the company’s profitability. The Service Specialists role is to own all commercial aspects for new wind turbine service agreements including supplier relationship management (“SRM”), standard contracts, contracting strategies and negotiations, supply/demand market understanding and price forecasting, with a view to drive down the Levelized Energy Cost for our wind farms.
Mirroring our development, construction and operation activities, the successful candidate will be based in in one of our core locations (Kolding, Hamburg, London or Amsterdam) whilst remaining flexible with travel to other locations.
• Maintain suitable Supplier Relationship Management processes, starting from tiering of suppliers, regular forums and escalation as per defined process, building relationships at the different levels of the supplier and BA/procurement organizations
• Own, Develop and maintain standard service agreements based on best practices and lessons learned, ensure application to projects
• Develop/maintain contracting strategies (if needed)
• Collaborate with Offshore O&M Roadmap Director as well as Heads of O&M and Asset Management to align renegotiation/extensions of existing service agreements, as well as standard service strategy / fleet wide initiatives
• Create and maintain service price benchmarks for the installed fleet and new agreements
• Liaise with Offshore Wind Turbine Category Manager to leverage wind turbine OEMs relations as well as explore fleet wide upgrade and retrofit potentials
• Provide optimized budget/bid assumptions all the way to delivery of the specific projects, ensuring the commitments made in the bids/budget are fulfilled
Support the relevant tendering programme manager to tender and negotiate new service agreements
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of seven years’ experience in the onshore or offshore wind business, with deep expertise on WTG Service Agreements.
• Demonstrable experience across the procurement skillset and experience of Foundation or similar procurement processes.
• Good understanding of people and culture in working across multiple business functions and locations.
• Co-operative team player with solid interpersonal skills.
• Strong consultancy skills and able to support, advise, guide and challenge across all aspects of Procurement.
• Experience in solving with strategic issues / problems and strategy development.
• Strong initiative with a high sense of responsibility and willingness to perform.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For more information about the recruitment process contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg on + 45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page, no later than the 21st of October.
We look forward to receiving your application!
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues, Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in Northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to sustainable society – people like you.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.