Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as O&M Cost Modeller within Offshore O&M Delivery. Reporting to the Head of Day 1 Readiness, you will be responsible for providing expert cost modelling, development and assessments that will support all new offshore wind assets, driving implementation of the optimal O&M set-up and ensuring alignment with the asset management strategy.
Vattenfall’s purpose is to Power Climate Smarter Living, a key driver of which will see over 1GW of new offshore power generation coming into the operational portfolio in the coming years. Delivering on fleet synergies and leveraging world-class O&M capabilities will play a key role in realising this objective. In this position you will be responsible for driving reductions in the Levelised Cost of Energy, quantifying operational synergies across the fleet and managing both internal and external stakeholder relationships you will get to influence key investment decisions.
Your qualifications and core competences as O&M Cost Modeller
• Educated to degree level in Finance, Mathematical or a Commercial based subject and have advanced Excel skills with a proven experience in financial modelling. Knowledge of MS Access (or similar) and SQL (or similar) is preferable. It would also be beneficial to have a good working knowledge of Matlab programming including various toolboxes and/or VBA.
• A minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience from the energy, utility or infrastructure sectors. Comprehensive offshore wind knowledge from an Operations and Maintenance or Asset Management role desired together with experience working in international and cross-project teams
• Excellent commercial and financial acumen including an understanding of offshore operations and maintenance best practice
• Strong technical understanding with the ability to resolve detail issues and to convey complex technical matters and life cycle costing coherently
• Well-rounded project management capabilities, accomplished at setting targets, planning resources, quantifying risks and tracking progress. Experience in implementing new processes and business governance is also desirable
• Exceptional communication skills, comfortable at presenting, building relationships and influencing others, while working effectively across different cultures and geographical locations. A strong command of English (written and verbal) is a prerequisite for the role, while knowledge of Danish or another European language is beneficial.
• A positive mindset with strong self-motivation and resilience, a flexible and proactive approach to tackling problems and comfortable at simultaneously manage several tasks to often challenging deadlines
• Living our core principles; Active, Open, Positive, and Safety
Your responsibilities as O&M Cost Modeller
• Plan and optimise the future wind farm operation and maintenance strategies through modelling logistics, turbine types, maintenance regimes and failure rates
• Provide support to the O&M Roadmap in delivering on strategic portfolio optimisation form upcoming projects, and to Operational Support in preparing cost evaluations on maintenance campaigns and major component exchanges
• Develop the offshore windfarm cost book and cost models and maintain continuous alignment the existing operating sites regarding cost registration and cost levels
• Interface to the risk management and risk controlling with regard to reliability of components dependent risks and their commercial evaluation as well as with regard to reliability of components and maintenance concept dependent production based availability and its commercial impact.
• Support the delivery of the maintenance and operational concepts for new sites including staffing plans, maintenance schedules and spare parts requirements based on sound cost-benefit evaluation techniques
• Prepare financial plans for all the new asset and support the O&M Package Managers in managing dependencies to other packages of the wind farm, including scope or interface changes and maintaining the associated cost/risk impacts
• Apply lessons learned and focus on the improvement of the department processes and tools
By being part of Vattenfall you get good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is in London or Kolding. Regular business trips are required as part of this role.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter on +45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is May 12th 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application!
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.