Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
O&M Manager NZW
NoordzeeWind is the owner of the Offshore Wind Farm Egmond aan Zee (OWEZ). The company is a joint venture between Nuon/Vattenfall and Shell and operates Offshore Windfarm Egmond aan Zee (OWEZ), the first offshore wind project in The Netherlands. The location of the site is west of Egmond aan Zee and is comprised of 36 3MW V90 Wind turbines that are expected to generate more than 350 GWh of green electricity every year, which is equivalent to the total annual electricity need of more than 100,000 Dutch households.
Overall purpose of the role
An exciting opportunity has now arisen to join the team responsible for operating and maintaining the first Dutch offshore Windfarm in a post-subsidy environment.
The O&M Manager will be responsible for the optimisation of the maintenance campaigns to ensure reliable performance. You will coordinate between the various contractors of NZW and the different maintenance campaigns. Working in close contact with the NZW daily operator, Service Lead and support units, you will balance the maintenance needs on the long and short run. Where necessary you will provide ad hoc support to the face the day to day challenges which are part of a running an aging asset in a challenging offshore environment.
You will work in close coordination with the project HSSE Manager to embed HSSE control in the day to day operational activities – supporting our industry leading track record of zero LTI since project construction.
As an O&M Manager, you’ll be employed by Vattenfall/Nuon, but will be assigned to the NZW project. You will report to the Managing Director of NZW.
Your responsibilities as the O&M project Manager NZW
• Ensure maintenance of all assets can be performed in a safe and effective manner;
• Contribute to the improvement of the management system of NZW;
• Develop and implement in close cooperation with the daily operator the Annual Operations and Maintenance Plan for turbines, Balance of Plant and substation;
• Act as project manager for a wide range of projects, including R&D projects driven by shareholders and external companies;
• Coordinate the preparation of maintenance campaigns, including resource planning and vessel capacity
• Act as the contract holder for the main service contracts, provide input and support in procurement processes;
• Support and develop the performance reporting that provides key performance indicators to the department head and the local staff;
• Be an HSSE role model, support the implementation and improvement of the NZW HSE performance
• Provide input to the development and maintenance of budgets
Your Profile as the O&M Manager NZW
• A relevant degree in engineering, preferably mechanical or electrical engineering
• Minimum of 7-8 years working experience in O&M, preferably in wind farms and/or offshore assets
• Broad experience in electrical and mechanical operations and maintenance.
• Flexible, proactive, self-motivated and organised individual with the ability to work on his/her own and with others, and share knowledge and experiences across the parent companies.
• Enjoys working in a dynamic environment, being able to coordinate between different priorities;
• Proficient in the use of Excel and other MS Office packages;
• Experience in contract management and negotiation skills
• Fluent in English
• Preferably experienced in developing asset management systems
A challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary Joint venture team and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and
the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Caroline Smid, Recruitment, phone +31615604138.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is October 23rd.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore Wind and Offshore Wind as well as PV & Battery. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
We look forward to your application!