Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
As the company’s ambitions for growth in renewable energy increases, the demand for procurement expertise grows. We are therefore looking for the right person to join our O&M Wind Procurement team as Procurement Specialist.
As Procurement Specialist for O&M Wind you will be working in an outstanding commercial and international environment, you will have a significant impact on Vattenfall realising its transition to a more sustainable energy portfolio by securing the necessary equipment and services at best value for the company.
The O&M Wind Procurement team is part of a fast evolving business and our successful candidate is a strategic thinker with a commercial focus building on the foundations already established throughout the last years of development. You will be engaging with both internal and external stakeholders such as, O&M delivery, supply chain, asset management and suppliers to define a project procurement strategies as well as identifying novel market approaches to maximize the company’s profitability. The role of the O&M Procurement Specialists will be to drive and own commercial aspects when renewing service agreements and/or frameworks for our wind turbine sites including supplier relationship management, standard contracts, contracting strategies and negotiations, supply/demand market understanding and price forecasting, with a view to drive down the Levelized Energy Cost for our wind farms.
Mirroring our development and operation activities, the successful candidate will be based in in one of our core locations (Kolding, Hamburg, London, Stockholm or Amsterdam) whilst remaining flexible with travel to other locations.
• Building relationships at the different levels of the suppliers and BA/procurement organizations
• Develop and maintain service agreements based on best practices and lessons learned, ensure application to projects
• Leading complex O&M wind procurement initiatives in full alignment with the Business Area Wind´s objectives.
• Developing and implementing procurement strategies for major wind O&M contracts which could include logistics, scheduled services, turbine repairs and spare parts.
• Collaborate with O&M Roadmap Director as well as Heads of O&M and Asset Management to align and drive renegotiation/extensions of existing service agreements, as well as standard service strategy / fleet wide initiatives
• Explore fleet wide upgrade and retrofit potentials
• Driving tendering activities including qualification, tendering, evaluation, negotiation and preparing contract award decisions for O&M Wind initiatives, ensuring best value and compliance with the Vattenfall objectives and principles.
• Supporting contract management activities, direct involvement for large claims and variations resolutions.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of five years’ experience in the onshore or offshore wind business, with deep expertise on WTG Service Agreements.
• Demonstrable experience with project procurement.
• Excellent negotiation skills on standards forms of contract.
• Relevant bachelor/university degree and/or education and certification.
• Fluency in English.
• Good understanding of people and culture in working across multiple business functions and locations.
• Co-operative team player with solid interpersonal skills.
• Strong initiative with a high sense of responsibility and willingness to perform and travel during peak periods.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For more information about the recruitment process contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg on + 45 22 57 07 51
For more information about the position Contact Head of O&M Wind Procurement Morten Uggerhoej +45 2787 5757
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page, no later than October 21st.
We look forward to receiving your application!
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues, Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in Northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to sustainable society – people like you.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.