Ever considered working for IT in an Energy Company? Now is the time!
Vattenfall is in the transition to become fossil free within one generation and we need your IT skills to make this happen! We are looking for an
Operations Engineer with a strong technological background who would like to go full stack. The fast-changing world around us, the speed of technology which disrupts the energy market and the big impact it has on society needs our respond to the customer demands from a Data Center perspective.
As a member of an international team we expect you to travel occasionally to build international relationships within the team and with the stakeholders (e.g. to the main Vattenfall locations like Hamburg, Berlin, Amsterdam, Stockholm).
Your key tasks will include:
• Ensure cross department resiliency of our Data Center Services
• Define rock solid technical solutions fitting to our customer’s requirements
• Proactively prevent operational issues and support problem solving in the network, hardware and service layer by analysing processes and technologies
• Take ownership for your end-to-end evaluations and deliveries
• Look for options to continuously improve technology and our way of working
• Last but not least to have fun in designing the future of the Data Center Services
You will be a true ambassadors of our Data Center deliveries and will work hand in hand with other experts from various departments to improve the customer experience and stability of our services.
Who are you?
• You are able to work on bachelor/university level, open minded and willing to learn.
• You have a solid understanding of network, server and database architectures.
• You already have some years of experience in analysing and solving IT problems in complex landscapes.
• You enjoy working in teams and you are willing to travel occasionally.
• You are curious, capable of thinking out-of-the-box and like to come up with smart solutions.
• You are capable of documenting your results and presenting them to executive level stakeholders.
• You are a good communicator and fluent in English. Swedish, Dutch and German is a nice to have.
• A permanent job, with room for your personal development. There are plenty of training opportunities, learning from the best and working with the latest technologies.
• A workplace in one of our main locations (Stockholm, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Berlin, Gliwice).
• A healthy work-life balance (smart working) and time to keep your profession as Engineer up to date.
• The opportunity to work for a clean energy company that aims for creating fossil free energy within one generation.
• Working with energetic, motivated colleagues that like to have fun as well.
A challenging job in an international environment with an IT department distributed across Amsterdam, Berlin, Hamburg, Stockholm and Gliwice. Job requires travelling from time to time.
Location: Flexible (Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands and Poland)
Trade union representatives in Sweden: please call switchboard +46 8 739 50 00,
Sofi Wadström (Akademikerna), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO)
Interested? Send your CV to email@example.com