We are looking for an Originator in Amsterdam with a strong focus on identifying and contracting NL Renewable Energy Solutions (RES) for Vattenfall. As part of a wider team focused on the NL and the UK, your task will be to identify opportunities, structure deals and conclude transactions, including management of internal processes required for deal closure (legal, credit, risk, structuring etc). The team is expected to ensure full market coverage by keeping in active contact with all relevant parties in the NL market. Over time your scope can increase to include other deal types and markets.
Origination seeks business opportunities in Vattenfall’s core markets and adjacent traded markets in order to create profit, mitigate risk and develop new business opportunities. The focus is on structured deals and non-standard contracts, where Origination acts as the single interface to the market.
The NL & UK Origination team covers the renewable generators, large industrial consumers, wholesale traded markets, asset-backed origination, ancillary services, and all other non-standard product/services that leverage Vattenfall’s trading set up and capabilities.
You will report to the Head of Origination NL & UK.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Originates new business in wholesale electricity and related commodities according to the needs of Vattenfall’s portfolio and in line with Vattenfall’s strategy and purpose
• Identify deal opportunities, with strong focus on mid and long term Renewable Energy Solutions
• Build and maintain relationships in the NL energy market particularly focused of renewable generators and customers
• lead the deal process from beginning to end including liaison with internal stakeholders
• learn to develop creative solutions to specific counterparty situations
• plan and carry out negotiations
As an Originator you are a strong networker who is able to build trust and engagement, both within the company and externally. You have strong commercial sense and a good understanding of trading, risk management, credit risk, back office and finance functions.
• Academic degree – technical or economical, Master of Science or higher
• >5 years of work experience in an energy related role
• Full understanding of the NL energy market and/or renewable energy
• Willing communicator, able to co-ordinate the deal approvals process within Vattenfall.
• Able to work independently to originate and close deals, but nevertheless comfortable in a team environment within a large and complex organization.
• Able to manage the whole deal process from initiation to deal closure.
What do we offer
At Vattenfall/Nuon you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company.
About the Business Area
Business area Markets is the business division where all commodity flow activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group. Our activities are multi-site located in The Netherlands, Germany and Sweden. We trade the full range of energy commodities, take responsibility for the sourcing of power, fuels and certificates and optimize Vattenfall’s generation assets. These efforts are the basis for maximum profitability, continuous business growth and will contribute to Vattenfall’s purpose to live free of fossil fuels within one generation.
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter Eva Deen, +31611853543. You can also send your application directly via the link below. Please send your application before the 19th of January, 2019.
We look forward to your application!