Do you want to help shape Vattenfall’s Onshore Wind Portfolio?
Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for a Portfolio Director to take a key role in both the procurement and construction phases of Vattenfall’s onshore wind portfolio, reporting to the Director of Project Delivery in BU Onshore, which is part of BA Wind.
The Project Delivery department has a very strong focus on project management, ensuring safe delivery of projects on time, budget and quality.
As Portfolio Director you have the following key responsibilities:
• The successful candidate will have an important role in the governance of the organisation, representing Project Delivery on the Project Steering Group (PSG) of Market Development, Business Excellence & Asset Management, and BU Solar and Batteries;
• The Portfolio Director will take on the role of Project Sponsor for all projects that pass TG3 meaning:
o The successful candidate will be carry out the obligations under VPMM (Vattenfall’s governance procedure), including representing the project at the Project Delivery PSG
o As Project Sponsor, the person will become the first line of escalation for the Project managers on all post TG3 project topics therefore will attend escalation meetings with WTG, BoP and Grid Contractors as and when required by the Project Manager
o The successful candidate will also act in an advisory manner to the nominated construction phase Project Managers on Pre-TG3 projects
• The Portfolio Director will carry out safety audits of sites, with follow up reporting with the Project managers, and through the Vattenfall observations portal;
• At month end, the Portfolio Director will be responsible for collating the monthly reports from the Project Managers, to ensure completeness and timeliness;
• The Project Director will also ensure project progress data is gathered to assist the Director of Project Delivery with input for Quarterly Reviews with the Vice President of BU Onshore;
• The Portfolio Director will also sit on the Management Team (Not in an ‘line management’ position, as there are no direct reports), alongside the Director of Project Delivery, the Head of Project Support and the Head of Construction to help steer the department, and to take the lead on wider initiatives from time to time.
What we are looking for:
• 10+ years’ experience of large/complex wind farm projects, with specific focus on the tendering and construction phases;
• International experience, with the flexibility to manage regular travel around Vattenfall’s geographical markets;
• Excellent English language skills are a must;
• Excellent communication skills are also essential, with an ability to discuss and convey complex issues across multiple geographies and cultures.
The location of this position is in either Solna (SE), Kolding (DK) or London (UK).
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal and international working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as “Ask and share” concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
For more information about the recruitment process contact Bastiaan Moll, Recruitment via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 31st of May.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
We look forward to receiving your application!