Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
For our Civil Engineering group within our Business Area Wind, we are looking for a Project Engineer, with manufactory experience from either offshore or the wind business. You should have strong competences within manufactory but also be able to carry out other tasks within civil/structural engineering.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential and possibilities and do you want to be a part of a growing organization with special focus on Renewables, you are maybe the person we are looking for.
The Civil and Structural department is the competence centre for all civil and structural related aspects of a wind farm on- and offshore, supplying cradle to grave services, technical competences and project management all under one roof. We build on continuous improvement and entrepreneurial mind-set in order to set the standard for future wind foundations.
Your job as Project Engineer Foundations Offshore Wind?
As a Project Engineer Foundations you will have the main responsibility to address the manufacturing issues related to offshore foundations during the development, tendering and execution phase.
Furthermore, the main responsibilities in the position are:
• Day-to-day communication and alignment with the contractor and proactive communication with relevant stakeholders
• Implementing, maintaining and improving effective HSE and Quality management within the project
• Ensuring that all quality related documents are prepared throughout the lifetime of the project
• Accountable for detailed project planning and control, including management and approval of deliverables in line with the project plan
• Reviewing and mitigating risks
• Recording and managing project issues and escalating where necessary
• Monitoring project progress and performance
• Providing status reports to the Project Committee and chairing Project Committee meetings
• Driving and developing project tools and methods to achieve continuous improvement
• Responsible for securing efficient and timely handover from the project organisation to the service organisation
• Responsible for agreements with suppliers and subcontractors – based on Vattenfall standards where available
Professional and personal qualifications
• It is essential that you have 3+ years of experience from large-scale construction, turnkey projects and/or marine-, oil- or power industry, along with highly developed project management skills.
• Ideally you have a technical educational background (e.g. engineering or construction) and have experience from the wind industry – preferably offshore.
• You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing.
• In addition to your professional background we are looking for a person with the following personal skills:
• Highly professional
• Result-oriented – and in-depth understanding of the value chain of businesses in large-scale construction
• High on energy and self-driven
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Structure and attention to detail
• Understand the interdependencies of the elements in complex projects and project plans
• Socially easy to connect with
• Interpersonal skills that create good relations to new stakeholders and create/maintain new relations in the organisation
• Adapt naturally to environments of different cultural and national backgrounds
You can work self dependent while sharing and seeking knowledge in the team. You are motivated, showing initiative and with a flexible approach to the work. You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages on a clear and constructive way both internally and to contractual partners. You have an innovative mindset working result-oriented and meeting required deadlines.
As our offshore projects are located various places across northern Europe some travel should be expected.
Office can either be Kolding in Denmark or Hamburg but frequent travel within northern Europe should be expected.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
Do you have any questions to the above do not hesitate to contact Team Lead Offshore Project Enginering Morten Buskov on +45 27 87 49 04 e-mail: Morten.Buskov@Vattenfall.com
If you have any questions to the recruiting process please contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg on +45 22 57 07 51.
Apply online on this page.
For your information
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 28th of May 2017.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.