Become part of our Mission and help us to achieve our goal of being fossil free within one generation.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like Solar and Batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation and solar and batteries installations in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Project H&S Manager – Offshore for projects in the Vattenfall portfolio.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide independent, authoritative advice, support & assistance to the project organization on the function of Health and Safety and to ensure Vattenfall meets its statutory obligations and HSE ambition during the execution of project development works by implementing good practice to achieve high levels of Health and Safety management.
The role covers the entire scope of a wind farm including cables, foundations, turbines, logistics etc.
As Project H&S Manager Offshore Wind you have the following key responsibilities:
- Implementation of the Business Area Wind health & safety governing model and management system in the project;
- Development, communication and follow up of project specific measures for the implementation of Business Area health & safety strategies, plans, regulations and standards;
- Monitor and report on relevant issues to health & safety;
- Support the project in achieving compliance with relevant health & safety and construction design legislation and Business Area Wind HSE ambition of zero incidents;
- Steer and coordinate team of H&S Specialists working on the project;
- Manage project H&S budget.
Your profile as Project H&S Manager Offshore Wind:
- You have a university degree (or equal) with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in an international organisation, preferably within a wind environment;
- Full and detailed understanding of applicable H&S related construction and design legislation;
- Trained in Auditing Techniques;
- Experience managing contractors as client and/or principal contractor;
- Experience of safety management systems and H&S auditing;
- Experience with Client / Contractor relationships & management;
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written.
We are looking for a communicative Project H&S Manager who is able to focus on both people and business and has demonstrable experience in managing projects teams in change and challenging environments. The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability building on the foundations already established through the last years of development.
The location of this position is in one of our main offices (Hamburg, London, Amsterdam or Kolding). Regular business trips are required.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues -- the ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 9th of May 2019. For more information about the recruitment process contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
We welcome applications of disabled persons. At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We look forward to receiving your application!