Business Area Heat develops, operates, maintains and optimizes the full value chain of heating and cooling networks and efficient heat and energy production to serve customers and society with reliable heat and electricity in Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden. We aim to grow by delighting our customers and being a preferred partner to cities and other stakeholders. We strive to provide efficient, climate-friendly solutions to the energy transition. While doing this we will focus on healthy cash flows, an excellent safety record and high reliability of production and supply.
OU Heat Projects is responsible for structuring and realizing the most value creating solutions for BA Heat and Vattenfall. This means, that within the three portfolios Biomass & Infrastructure Projects; Near Term Gas Assets Projects and Gas Asset Development Projects, like new builds or refurbishment projects are developed and realized. Besides this, staffing of projects with the right people and the development and maintenance of competence pools make the work in Heat Projects quite dynamic.
OU Heat Projects is looking for a Project Manager Associate (f/m) located in Amsterdam and respective project sites.
As Project Manager Associate you will support the Project manager in the development and execution of the projects of
OU Heat Projects in the Netherlands. This concerns all elements related to the project.
Scope of the assignment: support a respective Project Manager to:
- Maximise value for the company.
- Develop the project in accordance with Vattenfall’s Purpose and Principles.
- Set up the project team to meet the project objectives (eg Safety, Budget, Schedule)
- Manage the engineering and procurement processes
- Prepare for the next tollgate and project phase
- Execute the project safely, in time and within budget.
Depending on the respective project manager, tasks will be divided in various ways. You might work at more than one project at a time and with more than one Project Manager at a time.
Education & Experience level
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical or economic field of study.
- Minimum 3 years of experience (preferably pre- and post-FID) in relevant project work, preferably with large capital projects.
- Experience with the following topics is preferred:
o Financial administration, and project control / cost monitoring pre- and post-FID.
o Supporting in permit related processes.
o Risk & Opportunity Management
o Making and executing communication plans
o Preparing management decision material
o Project valuation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Able to be full time in any project location in the Netherlands (mainly Amsterdam) and willing to relocate later for international projects when needed for the project development.
Information about the recruitment process
We welcome your application before the 1st of February 2019, in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button below. Questions regarding the position can be directed to Richard van den Broek, phone: +31 6 1594 7280.