The Project Manager is recruited into BU Onshore Wind and will be working in Onshore Wind projects during the procurement and construction phases of projects. The role sits within Contract Management and Construction Support team in the Project Delivery department. During the construction phase, the Project Manager will be responsible for delivering a successfully constructed and efficiently operating wind farm project to FID determined budget, timescales and quality standards.
During the procurement phase, the Project Manager will support the procurement process and the Development Manager in reaching FID. The role will be to ensure that the main construction phase contracts (i.e. wind turbine package, civil works package and grid works package) are secured to a sufficient standard to enable seamless execution of the project during the construction phase.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Project Manager
- Ensure that project goals are well defined, communicated and achieved
- Ensure the project methods are well defined, communicated and achieved
- Ensure that the project organization is defined, communicated and achieved
- Create the plan and timeline for the project
- Monitor progress and manage the budget
- Identify and minimize risks
- Preparation, finalization, updating and communication of the Project Execution Plan
- Defining the primary objectives (goals) and supporting objectives
- Establishing the project team
- Organizing the communication methods both for internal and external stakeholders
- Producing the project schedule and monitoring progress
- Monitoring costs and budget
- Monitoring quality performance
- Establish and adhere to the project success criteria
- Identify and establish the factors and activities required to meet the project success criteria
Required skills and knowledge:
- You possess a university degree in science, engineering or other relevant university degree.
- If you do not possess a degree then suitable alternative experiences and qualifications should be demonstrated. Practical qualifications of a professional standard in science or engineering.
- Project management experience in large complex projects and a good communicator.
- Strong sense of integrity who dares to challenge (in a positive way) colleagues to achieve the common goals for the project.
- Structured, accurate and efficient way of working
- Good analytical understanding and able to digest and structure complex issues
- Performance oriented and proactive
- Experience working in the wind farm industry
- Command of the English language is strong, both verbally and written
- Ability to simultaneously manage several tasks to often challenging deadlines
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and, MS PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills and an ability influence and lead others
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads and frequent changes in priorities
- Able to work in a team and build up strong relationships. Experience in large-scale / complex construction projects (e.g. energy, infrastructure)
- Experience of working in the wind farm industry
- Experience of working cross-culturally and across global locations
Good commercial acumen and sound financial understanding. Project Management qualifications are desirable. We are looking for a person with a well-developed sense for structure and order. You are also flexible and service minded and truly believe that a better result evolves in cooperation with others. Business Area Wind is in an expansive phase and we need people who enjoy working in such environments.
Stockholm or Kolding
What we offer
Working at Vattenfall means more than ‘just’ having an interesting job in a result-orientated culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
Last application date for the position is March 28 via this advertising or www.vattenfall.com/jobs
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hiring Manager Frank Elsworth +447887731476
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Recruiter Erica Lindroth +46725725795
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Carl-Gustaf Angelin (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall switchboard +46 8 739 50 00
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a
sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.