Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Project Quality Manager.
The Project Quality Manager will deliver direct support to different project teams across our Onshore, Offshore and Solar & Battery Portfolio. In addition to that you will work with the Team Lead of Quality Management on the standardization and continuous improvement of our Project Quality Management processes within BA Wind.
The position is allocated to the department Project Quality Management which is part of the BA WIND Portfolio and Business Development.
The specific purpose of Project Quality Manager is to ensure clear and simple processes to support projects, hands on project support and to facilitate a culture of sharing and learning, which are all vital in order to ensure success on Quality requirements and standards.
The role is to be located in Amsterdam and there will be will frequent require traveling (e.g. to manufacturing sites of our Contractors, own office or sites) with an average of 1-2 days per week.
Main tasks and responsibilities as Project Quality Manager
• Ensuring that Vattenfall standards as well as general quality standards and are being
• Setting up the project quality plan and suggesting improvements to the plan
• Reviewing contractors quality plans and conduct Contractor Audits (ISO19011)
• Making sure that complying with the Vattenfall Project Management Model VPMM (as well
as to all applicable instructions and processes in the Vattenfall Management System VMS) is
part of the project strategy supported by the quality plan
• Suggesting needed changes in the Project Specification or Plan
• Coordinate all audits, quality related documented and other quality related activities
• Following up on project quality performance of contractors according to law and contract
• Communicating project quality plan to all appropriate project stakeholders
• Proposing simplifications and improvements of SPM/APM/HoW (continuous improvements /
• Negotiate Quality Requirements with Contractors and suppliers.
Your qualifications as Project Quality Manager
Our successful candidate has a relevant engineering or University degree, with a minimum of 5-10 years relevant work experience in the field of Engineering. You have a very good command of English, command of Dutch is a plus.
• Proven track record in Quality Management & Technology is a must.
What we are looking for:
• Relevant Engineering or University degree, with a minimum of 5-10 years relevant work experience in the field of Engineering, as Quality Manager, Project Quality Manager or Lead Auditor.
• Strong team player, with the flexibility to work with a network of co-worker relationships and work in multicultural teams in a fast changing environment.
• Experience in large-scale energy and/or infrastructure projects
• Experience in the Solar and Battery, Offshore and Onshore Wind Sector would be highly beneficial
• Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Structured, accurate and efficient way of working
• Good analytical understanding
• Good communication skills
• High degree of one’s own initiative, engagement and reliability
• Lead Auditor ISO 9001 certified (IRCA certified)
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Amsterdam, Hamburg, Kolding or Stockholm.
Regular business trips are required.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Director Robert Kaleta e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg , Senior Recruiter, phone +45 22 57 07 51
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application
button at this page.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website
as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our
website. Last day to apply April 21st 2019.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.