The Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
The purpose of “Risk Management and Valuation” is to support the BA in making correct business and project decisions that enable us to meet our targets.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position of Risk Manager for BA Wind, with the earliest possible entry date. The position is an unlimited full-time position and is located in Amsterdam.
The Risk Manager is responsible for maintaining, analysing and reporting the overall project risk profile and implements the project risk management policy and process.
They are responsible for risk management quality assurance, supporting Project Managers and risk owners, by ensuring treatment plans are followed and hosting risk workshops. They will handle risk reporting and communication to the Commercial Project Manager / Project Director.
The Risk Manager is a key position within Business Controlling, playing a vital role in protecting and, where possible, reducing LEC for our projects by identifying and realising opportunities and reducing risk.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all risks and opportunities are identified and managed properly, timely and in a compliant manner with due regard to technical, environmental, brand, quality, cost and schedule objectives
- Support the risk and opportunity owners in identifying, describing, assessing, treating and monitoring their risks/opportunities and develop strategies for dealing with residual risk and assist in defining business continuity plans
- Ensure feedback to continuously improve the risk management process
- Educate the project teams and supporting disciplines to create a culture of risk awareness
- Support toll gate decision making by providing the relevant risk reports in compliance with Vattenfall policies and procedures
- Support a risk awareness culture via lessons learned, risk management guidelines and improvements, reporting in line with central risk policies etc.
What we are looking for
- A Risk management, engineering, technical or commercial qualification to graduate level or equivalent. Candidates with enough relevant experience in lieu of formal qualifications will be considered
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project risk management in renewables or similar complex industries
- Demonstrable risk management track record in major CAPEX and OPEX projects
- Experience with engineering disciplines associated with renewables projects i.e. Structural/Civil, Electrical Systems or Wind Turbine Generators.
- Good understanding of risk interfaces between contractual boundaries and technical implementation
- Strong leader and team player, with the ability to influence over a wide network of co-worker relationships and key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing, fluent in English
- Be results-oriented, able to meet tight deadlines and produce concise information for senior management
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to consolidate a large amount of information, and to present the information in a clear and structured format
- Understanding of ISO 31000, Institute of Risk Management (IRM), Project Management Institute (PMI) and Association for Project Management (APM) expected.
- Good knowledge of current legislations and a working knowledge of ‘Active Risk Manager’, ‘Safran’, ‘@Risk’ or similar software is advantageous
The location of this position is Amsterdam. Regular business trips are required.
Process and time line
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply 16th of January 2019.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact “Director of Risk Management and Valuation” in BA Wind “Rhona Disberry”, “+447812146577”.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Marlies va Heymbeeck, Recruiter, +31615604138.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!