Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a candidate for our SCADA project department as SCADA Package Manager, which is responsible for project management of all aspects regarding project IT, Turbine SCADA system, Grid Compliance control function, Substation control system and relevant auxiliary system are covered in new wind farm projects. Furthermore the SCADA Package Manager ensures that the wind farm is implemented and integrated into the Vattenfall Wind Data Centre , wind surveillance center and Grid Data Center, together with interface to Vattenfall Trading control points.
The department is part of Business Area Wind, which is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands. We are currently over 23 employees in the SCADA department.
Your responsibilities as a SCADA Package Manager:
In cooperation with your colleagues, you will lead and manage project development, tendering, tender evaluation, design and execution of projects until handover to operation, within the fields of SCADA. Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
• handling project-related contractual, planning, cost control and technical communication with subcontractors
• definition and fulfilment of technical specification, budget, time plan, quality, risk and safety in relation to the Project Director or other package manager.
• managing project-related activities required within the field of SCADA system such as stakeholders, sub suppliers and technical deliveries
• managing FAT, SAT commissioning, documentation and subsequent handover to O&M, including general follow-up
• ensure that IT security roles is followed and implemented in the project
• cooperating with your colleagues in the construction and engineering departments, the operation team, SCADA department managers and team leads. Besides you are able to manage the assigned specialists from SCADA in the project, who can be both internal and external engineers.
Your qualifications as a SCADA Package Manager:
You have a master’s degree in IT or Electrical Engineering or similar and have gained experience with automation and control systems from similar industries, preferably within the energy sector.
In addition you need to have:
• Relevant experience with project management, preferably you have a Project Manager certification or similar.
• Knowledge about tendering, project planning and coordination, design, specification, test and documentation of SCADA systems preferable for offshore environment.
• It will be beneficial if you have Knowledge about communication protocols for power system and automation systems.
• General knowledge about some of following areas: alarm handling, database system, server setup in a virtualized environment, Radio system and IT network.
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you speak and write English fluently. Moreover, you have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well with representatives from various professional groups, external business partners and colleagues.
• have a strong personal drive.
• can take a leading role in order to achieve results and take ownership of the solutions.
• will respect each other, regardless of background, job title or personal beliefs and cooperate fully to drive success. You put the WE before the I.
• have a systematic, focused approach and performance oriented.
• are good at capturing lessons learned.
• are comfortable with changing environment, dynamic organization and an international perspective
• show a proactive approach towards stakeholders.
• will be able to make and implement decisions effectively.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location will be based in Vattenfall office Kolding Denmark, Hamburg Germany or London UK. However, you must expect travel activities related to your work, as you will be working on different projects in Northern Europe and have colleagues placed at different locations.
If you need more information as regards to the position, don’t hesitate to contact Brian Astrup, email@example.com..
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter, Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is April 22nd 2018, but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.