Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with an ambition to become fossil free within one generation.
We are looking for a SCADA Product Portfolio Manager to work within our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering.
The Engineering department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects to drive technical excellence through the whole project lifecycle.
Working within the Electrical & SCADA department of Engineering, the SCADA Product Portfolio Manager will in close cooperation with the System Roadmap Director be responsible for the SCADA roadmap, and ensure that the products are developed and can be operated in accordance with industry standards, directives and legislations in the countries we operate in.
Description of the position as SCADA Product Portfolio Manager
• Key responsible for the SCADA product roadmap, ensuring that we develop the right SCADA, Communication and Control systems according to our project portfolio
• Formulate and execute strategies for standardized SCADA solutions.
• Close cooperation with the System Roadmap Director, as SCADA is an integrated part of the overall System roadmap
• Focal point of contact for handling business requirements within the area
• Follow external requirements to make sure we are on the forefront with the SCADA, Communication and Control systems we are implementing and operation
• Work with the relevant technical experts within the Electrical & SCADA functional unit to ensure solutions are developed and suitably captured within relevant standards and specifications, including cyber security requirements
• Drive the Design Risk Assessment process for new developments
• Strong Security and HSE culture, with a strong commitment to contribute to the development and delivery of inherently safer wind farm projects
• High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
• Structured and naturally see documentation as part of the daily tasks
• Degree level educated in electrical/electronic/IT or other engineering discipline
• Min 5 years of experience within the SCADA and Control area
• Familiar with renewable energy technologies, preferably on-and offshore wind
• Good English language skills. Danish/German language skills an advantage
• Flexible approach to travel and working in our core countries
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
You may choose freely to be based in one of Vattenfall office in Denmark (Kolding), Germany (Hamburg), London (UK). However, you must expect travel activities related to your work.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
If you need more information as regards to the position, don’t hesitate to contact Lars Bøtker Jensen, phone +45 27 87 49 27.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter, Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We look forward to receiving your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is March 31st 2019.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!