Security Protection Officer (SPO) & Business Information Security Officer (BISO)
As one of many steps in our strive to become fossil free within a generation Vattenfall has embarked on a journey with digitalization as one of the corner stones. The energy landscape is changing and requires Vattenfall to adopt in our endeavor to utilize on emerging opportunities like Internet of things and E-Mobility as well as ramping up efforts to meet security threats to Vattenfall's infrastructure. In order to meet these challenges Vattenfall is now searching for an experienced individual that will be able to combine the role as Business Information Officer and Security Protection Officer for Vattenfall Staff Functions. You will be a part of an organization with talented colleagues and a true ambition to become a benchmark business-oriented security organization. You will report to Vattenfall’s Chief Information Security Officer.
- Legal responsibility for Vattenfall Staff Functions Security Protection compliance
- Drive the annual Security Protection Analysis including action plan and implementation
- Set up the Staff Functions specific information security program and annual planning in line with Vattenfall Group requirements
- Promote security awareness
- Establish and maintain an information security control framework and perform regular compliance follow-ups of our suppliers and internally within Vattenfall
- Review and assist in the development of risk mitigations plans
- Evaluate the latest and relevant developments in the security areas within your scope
- Enforce adherence to internal policies, standards and procedures and define corrective action for any violations of these
- Provide advice to their management about status and required actions related to security risk mitigation
- Advise on security related incidents, vulnerabilities, requests and exceptions
- Provide audit documentation and reporting related to security
- Support contract managers with risk assessments, Security Protection Analyses and dialogs with suppliers related to security
- Prepare and attend in consultations with authorities
Your profile and qualifications:
- Academic degree within relevant area to security or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant position in a corporate or government environment
- Experience of Information Security Management.
- Experience of Swedish security protection
- Current knowledge of relevant Security legislations in Sweden and in the European countries where Vattenfall operates
- Fluency in written and spoken Swedish and a strong command of our corporate language English
- Good knowledge of the Swedish authorities' working methods and requirements for the energy industry
As being the right candidate you are characterized as structured, process oriented, analytical and equipped with a sound judgment. Your educational and communication skills are at a high level, as well as your integrity and your ability to keep focus on what is important for Vattenfall.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link below, no later than May 27, 2019.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Mikael Vos email@example.com. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Recruiter Peter Blixter, +46 72 237 32 02.
Trade union representatives in Sweden Michelle von Gyllenpalm & Leif Sjöberg (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. This position is security classed and the final candidate will be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
We look forward to your application!
We are one of Europe's major retailers of electricity and heat and one of the largest producers of electricity and heat. Vattenfall's main markets are Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Germany, the UK and Sweden. The Group has approximately 20,000 employees. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is 100% owned by the Swedish state, and it´s headquarter is located in Solna, Sweden.
Vattenfall believes that information security is an essential component of a leading sustainable energy company. Protecting our information assets are essential to maintain the trust of our customers, employees and suppliers. Managing information security risks effectively is core to our approach.
The Corporate Security & Resilience function strives to be a modern security function that is flexible, agile and has great knowledge of emerging threats. The group function provides regulatory and security requirements, support to the business and governance to Vattenfall Group to mitigate risks and to ensure regulatory compliance.