Senior application engineer for High Availability services
Do you find satisfaction in understanding how your technical expertise enables our business applications and by that be able to Power Climate Smarter Living?
We need to strengthen our High Availability Services team with an additional colleague who is driven by technical challenges and the urge to always find better and more efficient ways of delivering services to the customer.
The High Availability Services team is a multi-competence team located in Stockholm, operating mission critical IT services to highly demanding business areas in Vattenfall.
In the role as senior application engineer you will be working in a team that is very close to the functional application maintenance as well as business. To succeed in this role it is important that you are self-driven, exact, analytic, critical and knows how to prioritize.You are not only an expert technician but you also have social competence and understands the need of the business. You always challenge yourself and others how to improve and are open for suggestions from others but can also give your own.
As our senior application engineer you are responsible for operating, maintaining and optimizing a set of applications. You, together with your colleagues, ensure that the infrastructure and applications have an up-time as close as possible to 100%. You will work close together with the on-site support teams at the premises of the business and a dedicated ServiceDesk to have short response times.
Specific tasks would include:
• Understanding the design, building and operating of the complete high available infrastructure in the Datacenter including the processes, within the virtualization area as your specialism
• Technical application operation, including pro-active monitoring and maintenance of all applications with the ambition to automate activities as much as possible
• Ensure that agreed service levels for up-time and other KPI’s are met at any time
• Identify improvement areas and continuously improve the delivered High Available IT services
As senior application engineer you dispose of the following qualifications and skills:
• An academic degree in IT, engineering, science or mathematics
• Designing, building and operating of Server virtualization environments, filesystems, fiber optics and backup and administration
• Thorough knowledge of operating systems (Linux/Windows 2008 and up)
• Writing scripts in either SaltStack, Jenkins or Powershell.
• Working Agile
• Experience in a large international environment
• Experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
• Be able to work under pressure
• Ability to translate complicated technical matters into simple understandable language
• A broad and versatile profile with one or several areas of deeper technical knowledge
We offer an exciting and challenging job where you work close to business as well as to technology. You will have the chance to broaden your area of expertise even more and gain a solid understanding of the energy utility business as well.
This job requires some international travel. You need to be able to work independently in an international team that meets more virtually than physically. Vattenfall wants to be your employer of choice and offers excellent primary and fringe benefits.
You are also expected to take part of an on-call scheduled, shared with your team mates.
Hiring Manager is Erik Ekman. For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact our recruiter Anneli Jarlsheim. We are looking forward to receive your application including your English CV and a cover letter through our website.
Trade union representatives in Sweden Sofi Wadström (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg/Lars-Erik Näsman (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
“Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.”