Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
For our Civil Engineering group within our Business Area Wind, we are looking for a Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer with experience from either offshore or the wind business. You should have strong competences within geotechnical engineering and the ability to support detailed assessment of geotechnical design and project tasks.
Are you interested in a job with a lot of potential and possibilities and do you want to be a part of a growing organization with special focus on Renewables, you are maybe the person we are looking for.
The department is the technical know-how centre within Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines, as well as being embedded in our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as the operation & maintenance phase lead by our generation department.
Description of the position as Senior Civil/Geotechnical
Within the Geoscience team we seek an experienced, innovative technical, dedicated and motivated Civil/Geotechnical Engineer with the ambition to move geotechnical engineering for offshore wind to the next level. The geotechnical design is seen as a cornerstone for optimizing our substructures and lowering cost of energy and therefore has a large focus is on both R&D and design related items. The Geotechnical Engineer will be a core team member for the engineering and construction elements working for the competence function manager within GeoScience and in a team of highly skilled engineers. The individual will be responsible for managing and delivering technical assessments and calculations for the design of offshore foundation both relating to our two main concepts but also in relation for the next generation. This includes work on foundation packages from feasibility, development and design through to operation and decommissioning.
Translating survey results into technical details and requirements relevant for the development, construction and operation of windfarms will be an integral part of this position.
Key working assignments will be
- Responsible for the geotechnical engineering input for foundation design
- Identify areas of improvements for future projects
- Participate in R&D initiatives to improve the business both in- and externally
- Supply input to foundations load simulation and design and cooperation with internal design team in handling geotechnical foundation design tasks for onshore and offshore
- Management and interpretation of geophysical and geotechnical site studies and develop design basis
- Take place in the expert groups in the R&D projects where Vattenfall is currently engaged.
- Develop and maintain risk categories and registers related to geological and geotechnical site conditions
- Trouble shooting and risk evaluation in all project phases.
Qualifications as Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer
• Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or similar.
• More than 5 years of experience from the wind energy or offshore structural engineering.
• Experience of geotechnical/geological analysis, numerical modelling packages and design standards is a must
• Good analytical skills.
• Ability to translate and communicate technical detail into commercial impact
• Professional command of English in speech and writing
You can work self dependent while sharing and seeking knowledge in the team. You are self-motivated, showing initiative and with a flexible approach to the work. You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages on a clear and constructive way both internally and to contractual partners. You have an innovative mind-set working result-oriented and meeting required deadlines.
Kolding, Denmark or flexible
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
For questions regarding the technical details of the position, please contact Team Lead Geoscience Wolf Semm on +45 27 87 58 50, if you have any questions to the recruiting process please contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg on +45 22 57 07 51.
Application dead line is the 28th of May. Apply online on this page.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.