Looking for the next step of your career? Are you enthusiastic about quantitative data? Do you want to contribute to Vattenfall’s digitalization strategy? For our team Technical Reporting, part of Vattenfall’s Business Area (BA) Heat we are now looking for an experienced and ambitious
Senior Data Analyst - Technical Data.
The location for this position is Berlin/GER. As a member of an international team we expect you to travel regularly to build international relationships within the team and the stakeholders of the data we process (e.g. to the main Vattenfall locations like Hamburg, Amsterdam, Stockholm and London).
Your job as Senior Data Analyst - Technical Data
As a Senior Data Analyst, you have an comprehensive understanding of data processing and the mathematical / stochastic relationships of data in an industrial environment. You will play a key role in bringing the digitalization strategy to life and influencing the concrete implementation. Your experience in “Big Data”, your creative and innovative mind will find a design leeway as we are in the beginning stage of our digital efforts.
As part of our companywide digitalization strategy, we have introduced a data lake solution based on a “Microsoft first strategy” which incorporates latest technologies ranging from the Microsoft Azure Stack including Office 365 with Power BI to Azure DWH and Hadoop Clusters with Machine Learning components.
As a Senior Data Analyst you will help to make this technology ready for us in BA Heat to use for our wide variety of data sources (including technical time series) by designing, developing and implementing according solutions reaching out into the different data domains within our business.
In your role as Data Analyst you will be reporting to the Head of Technical Reporting.
Your key activities will be:
- Explore data, identify, translate and consult about important business process questions based on insights from data
- Analyze structured and unstructured data, perform Data Mining incl. identification of patterns with economic potential, find actionable insights and make recommendations
- Evaluate and establish appropriate practices for statistical analytics
- Design visualizations of information, dashboards and reports
- Implement and maintain cleansing techniques and transform data to make it more appropriate and valuable for analytics (data wrangling)
- Work closely with our business to implement, document, validate and monitor the dataflows and measurements to the central data platforms
Your profile as Senior Data Analyst - Technical Data
Are you triggered by piloting and implementing new technologies? Can you ask critical questions, challenge the status quo and do you constantly strive for improvement? Perfect! We are looking for someone who is creative and has ideas about which technologies and methods are best applicable for us.
In addition you have/are:
- You have an academic degree within a relevant area such as Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- You have experience doing data analysis and quantitative analysis in a big data environment and are focused on translating them into added value according to given business targets
- You have a deep understanding of validation, data-preparation and cleansing processes as well as statistical tooling and experiment design
- You have the ability to effectively visualize and communicate results to others and create trust
- You have experience in energy business processes
- You work effectively with colleagues across organizational units within different locations / countries and support intensive knowledge exchange
- You communicate fluently both in German and English, verbally and written
- You are excited about building something new, to make change happen.
- You are open and able to communicate with our various stakeholders (including different levels of management).
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and dynamic working environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job where you can play a part in shaping the digital future of our company. We want to be the best in what we do. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth as well as an office in the heart of Berlin and flexible working hours (including home office).
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and one of the largest producer of heat. Our strategic direction includes a strong customer focus, a more sustainable energy portfolio and increased business focus.
Vattenfall is a European energy company with over 20 000 employees. At Vattenfall we want to help our customers power their lives in climate smarter ways and free from fossil fuel within one generation.
In the Business Area Heat we contribute to this with energy efficient solutions integrating flexible heat generation and renewable energy sources to deliver an effortless and sustainable smart home climate experience. To achieve this we believe that digitalization will play a key role for us and we are building up competencies in different data management roles.
Business Area Heat develops, operates, maintains and optimizes the entire business value chain of producing and supplying electricity, heating and cooling to more than 2 million customers in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. We drive several initiatives to grow in our markets and shape a sustainable portfolio and a lot of the related decisions are based on data that we process and provide into the organization. Therefore, our focus is on making high quality information easily accessible for our stakeholders.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Corinna Ullmer (Director Technical Reporting) via phone +49 30 267 10089. For information about the recruitment process please contact Bettina Keil via phone +49 40 79022 2289. Please apply directly via the application button.The entry deadline is 2018, June 5th.