Vattenfall is one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and is primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We also have a significant stake in the growing wind energy market in Western Europe. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Business Area (BA) Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging, and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries, and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with around 450 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
For our office in Hamburg, we are looking for a:
Senior Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Analyst
As a Senior ETRM Analyst at Vattenfall BA Markets you maintain and develop Vattenfall’s ETRM system, develop solutions related to the ETRM system and support our Front & Back Office and Risk department.
You will be part of the ETRM Operation Optimisation team, which holds both Risk Analysis and IT technical business competencies. We are looking for a motivated person who is able to understand the business needs and participate in an active and dynamic role in small multi-disciplinary teams.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be the following:
- Developing ETRM configurations and solutions for various stakeholders and purposes
- Designing and implementation of small functional changes
- Supporting the Risk Management Desk by ensuring quality of the risk data processes
- Overall involvement for system design in ETRM systems (Endur, RightAngel)
- Maintaining and enhancing existent applications in the area of ETRM
- Aligning ETRM requirements with all major stakeholders
- Performing daily tasks within functional area of responsibility
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Business, Information Technology or similar qualification
- Good knowledge and experience of ETRM systems and risk reporting
- Knowledge about Open Link Endur will be an advantage
- Knowledge of diverse (Energy) Trading products
- Reliable team player who is proactively supporting the team approach
- Ability to work in a demanding and time critical environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communication
- Fluent both in English, preferably also fluent in either German, Dutch or Swedish
What we offer:
- International working environment
- Office located in the heart of Hamburg
- Flexible working hours incl. home office
- 30 days / year vacation
- Internal and external training and development opportunities
- HVV Profi Ticket
- Company pension scheme
- Workplace health promotion
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact the HRS recruitment coordinator for this position: Selma Budak, +494079022 7788.