We are looking for a candidate that wants to become our Senior IT Network Architect (full time) within the IT Architecture Team of Vattenfall IT.What will you be doingWe are looking for a seasoned IT Network Architect that can take responsibility for driving architectural topics around our hybrid setup (Azure, on-premise in multiple European locations in an outsourcing scenario). You will join an international team of 40 enthusiastic IT Architects (50% internal and 50% consultants) that are working to dedicated BU’s and or technology topics. We are meeting frequently and work a lot together in international projects. Your key activities will be:
- Understanding business needs, and helping them to define innovative, yet stable and secure solutions in a regulated business environment, within or outside your technology specialty
- Project & Architecture Management, providing clear and justifiable architectural decisions towards projects so that they can reduce their time to market
- Being a technology partner, by being eminent within the networking area in a hybrid environment, Cisco Routing and Switching (preferred CCIE or equivalent) and a prerequisite would be knowledge of Azure / Express Route and/or IoT connectivity. This means that you are up to date on the latest market trends, and you have a good understanding of usage of this technology by concerned Business Unit(s)
- Having system engineering, by not only ensuring solutions are delivered according to architecture, but also by understanding the limitations and dependencies that complete IT landscape will have on it (like scalability, security, availability, maintainability, usability etc.)
You will approximately half or your time contribute to strategic projects – which could range from solution selection, towards due diligence on IT landscapes due to M&A activities. The other half of you time will be developing strategy, technology roadmaps, managing the application portfolio, and explaining and ensuring good architectural practices within the (agile) teams etc.
We are looking for consultant to work out of our offices in Stockholm, Amsterdam, Berlin or Gliwice, due to the team setup, but are always keen to meet with our business unit management that have no problem with regular travel to be on site.
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for Senior IT Network Architect that has worked in Utility businesses (or similar asset intensive business units).
- As a Senior IT Network architect, your daily work would require combining design skills and utility knowledge with strong technical Expertise
- Gathering project requirements and objectives, producing a blueprint for a complex, large-scale, integrated network, clearly communicating that architecture to stakeholders
- Investigate and assess fragilities in current Network landscape to identify improvements to ensure higher availability of our applications (currently an investigation into one of our Sales application is running where improvements are identified – and ability to make improvements actionable and plot them on a roadmap to set priorities)
- Has good understanding of security requirements between OT/IT or security guidelines related to critical information assets (that serve a public interest)
- Effective communications towards line manager and at times, C-level executives
- Work with Network Department (partially outsourced), Partners and related business areas (eg. Tech IT) to architect networks that effectively reflect Vattenfall’s needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology Parameters
- Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
- Coordinate network designers and engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation
- Drive technical roadmaps with sourcing partners and IT departments
- Fluent in English – we are an international Team
- Travelling should be unproblematic for you – mainly to IT locations or BU’s (Stockholm, Berlin, Hamburg, Gliwice, Amsterdam) and our team meetings, in an international team foreign travel is needed.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and one of the largest producer of heat. Our strategic direction includes a strong customer focus, a more sustainable energy portfolio and increased business focus. Vattenfall is a European energy company with over 28 000 employees. Together we produce heat and electricity from six energy sources; wind, hydro, biomass, nuclear, coal and gas. To continuously and reliably deliver energy to our society we need a variety of energy sources.
The Vattenfall Staff Function IT is an international unit within the Vattenfall Group. As a full-service IT provider, our goal is to be the best of the best when it comes to delivering extremely economical IT services and intelligent solutions. Our array of services ranges from process and application consulting to software solution development implementation projects and the operation of application systems. Some 1,400 employees located in Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Sweden contribute daily to our international business success in the three organizational segments IT demand, IT supply and Group IT.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Head of IT Architecture Tim Hoogenboom via +31 629735848. For more information about the recruitment process please contact Katja Spehling via phone +49 40 79022 3468. Please apply directly via the application button.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Sofi Wadström (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Lars-Erik Näsman (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna) and Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.