Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
For our department Site Conditions & Loads within Engineering Offshore Wind, we are looking for a Senior Lead Load Engineer for Offshore Structures to manage, steer and lead all Load Calculations and surrounding tasks concerning Load-, Aerodynamic- and Control-topics for Offshore wind farms.
As our Senior Lead Load Engineer for Offshore Structures you will be responsible for delivering the centrepiece of the future offshore wind farm together with the existing team of Load and Control Engineers. You will be in charge of shaping the scope of the department to provide highly competent, helpful and dedicated answers to all internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the load-related project management to ensure load-related tasks are planned and managed in an efficient manner to provide solutions to all internal customers (e.g. foundation designers, WTG experts or similar). You will be responsible for setting up the necessary processes for seamless interaction with other departments like Park Design, Cables and Installation Packages in close collaboration with the wind-, met-ocean and geoscience site assessment experts within our own department.
The load department is focussed on providing loads and load related services to the entire organization. It is the central point for all questions concerning loads for all types of windfarm elements and projects in all phases (development through to decommissioning) and especially for our future offshore windfarms.
As Senior Lead Load Engineer and hence the technical leader of the Geoscience Sub-Department, you will be a part of the Department Management Team and thereby also influencing the overall target setting.
Furthermore, the following main responsibilities will be a central part of your new job
- Ensure the supply of load related deliverables to projects in time and quality
- Plan and ensure internal and external project resources for the support of development and execution of projects
- Project management regarding load related tasks
- Handling frameworks agreements and securing a balanced set up between internal and external resources
- Steer, handle and control external sub-contractors for load related tasks
- Secure smooth transition between project phases
- Drive standardization of deliverables and enable us to take technical leadership in the industry of offshore load assessments
- Technical lead of the team including securing continued high engagement
- Support department management to develop people and competences in the right direction
- Provide load related answers to internal stakeholders / customers in close alignment and cooperation with the existing load team
- Trouble shooting
- Communicate with project and line management on progress and issues
You have a positive mindset, are pragmatic and solution oriented. You are a technical and open minded team-player with a structured way of working. You are strong as a leader to steer tasks and competences. You have the capability of maintaining the helicopter perspective whilst being efficient in your communication. You have an engineering background or similar, preferably with a project management education on top.
You have an innovative mind-set and can see yourself working in an environment where we value entrepreneurship, the pragmatic approach and helpfulness in our daily work. You work independently whilst sharing and seeking knowledge in the team. You show initiative and have a flexible approach to your work. You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technically sensitive topics in a clear and constructive way both internally and to external partners.
The unit as well as the industry is in rapid change and our successful candidate needs to be able to combine a strategic and commercial focus with operational capability building on the foundations already established through the last years of development.
In addition, the following qualifications are important for this position
- M.Sc. degree or PhD in Engineering, technical discipline or equivalent
- More than 10 years’ experience in an international organization within an offshore wind environment and within the area of Loads, Aerodynamics, Control
- Good knowledge and interest in
o load simulations
o structural dynamics
o validation based on measurements
- Project management experience
- Experience with large complex projects
- You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing
- You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business
- You have proven skills in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges and can transfer technical challenges into economic impact
- Health and safety is of highest priority why experience in exposed environment is necessary
In the Site Conditions & Loads department we value the entrepreneurial mindset, the scientific basis for solutions and recommendation and will go the extra mile to help our colleagues.
Kolding in Denmark, but occasional travel within northern Europe, especially to our other locations in London or Hamburg should be expected.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development. Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues, Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in Northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for the development, construction and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability. We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is 23 April 2019. For more information about the recruitment process contact Vanessa Koop, Recruitment, phone +49 40 79022 7786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
We look forward to receiving your application!