Are you looking to kick-start your career? Do you have a passion for developing wind farm projects and experience in managing a cooperation portfolio? We are now looking for an experienced and ambitious Senior Partner Developer in our German Onshore Wind Business.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK.
Your job as Senior Partner Developer Onshore Wind
In your job as a Senior Partner Developer you will get the chance to steer current projects in cooperation with third-party developers. You will manage the integration of new projects into the Vattenfall world, drive projects forward from feasibility study to financial close in a cost effective, safe and timely manner.
Your key activities will be
- Grow and maintain existing and new partnerships with developers as well as to help win new partners through networking and recommendations
- Actively steer partners and internal experts to drive projects forward
- Assist in the continuous improvement of project management, lowering levelised energy costs and optimising commercial and development processes
- Negotiate effectively with business partners, contractors and government officials in order to achieve project milestones consistent with defined timetables and strict financial objectives
- Create reports to enable the Project Sponsor and/or the Development Director to provide project information to the company management and the Executive Board of Directors
- Help promote a safety conscious, highly energetic, motivated organisation and a culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, integrity and professional team development
Your profile as Senior Partner Developer Onshore Wind
Are you thrilled by the onshore wind business? Perfect! We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills who has an interest in growing our joint development projects.
Candidates will have a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience and a proven track record of successful project development in onshore wind projects in Germany. A full appreciation of the primary inputs which drive the financial and commercial viability of onshore wind projects is important. Strong working knowledge of the project development process will be essential for the day to day business. We also expect working knowledge of procurement and contracting, legal documentation engineering packages, grid integration, logistics and relevant environmental and regulatory matters. An appreciation of what drives the requirements for project execution and operation will successfully round up your profile.
Within Business Area Wind we value your communication skills as much as your knowledge. We are looking for a good communicator who is able to listen, bring messages across clearly, retrieve the information needed and adapt to their audience. In addition, we expect you to:
- Be a multi-skilled self-starter with high levels of energy and commitment to deliver
- Have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to function well in a team environment, willingness to share experience and be able to build and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups
- Have fluent German language skills and a good command of English
- Have an aptitude for problem solving and experience of driving complex projects forward to achieve set objectives
The location of the position is Hamburg or Berlin. Travel will be required according to the needs of the projects.
We welcome your application in German or English, including CV and cover letter via the application button on this page. Please send in your application until March 18th 2018.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Philipp Heucke, +494027182188. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Vanessa Koop, +4940790227786.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
We look forward to your application!