Do you want to be part of building a new European business venture?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Senior Project Manager within the new Business Unit Energy Solutions. The Business Unit is currently present in Germany, Sweden and the UK and will next expand into the Netherlands.
You will become a key member of the Energy Solutions UK Team. You will be responsible for managing tasks and people to ensure that our projects get completed within the constraints of time, cost and quality.
This business venture offers low carbon solutions for large scale heat networks, solar power, electricity infrastructure, e-mobility, storage technologies and digital platforms combining the benefits of both decentralized and centralized energy production to deliver a service fitting the demands of the next generation of infrastructure in the UK.
If you want to be part of building an innovative energy venture then this is the place to be, at the right time.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating project teams on a regional basis, overseeing the delivery of City Energy Infrastructure projects.
- Take ownership of the successful delivery of large City-Quarter decentralized energy projects, and manage the projects with full project P&L and operational accountability from obtaining final contract signature and internal investment approval, through to commissioning and successful hand-over to operations.
- To champion excellent practice in Health, Safety and Environmental management as our highest priority in project execution, delivering safe, sustainable, and efficient outcomes.
- Devising scheme delivery strategy including risk mitigation, planning, and resourcing.
- Delivering projects to the highest quality standard, to the Clients program, and within budget.
- To provide technical and commercial solutions that meet the Client expectations, and to work with clients and contractors with a diverse range of objectives to deliver a successful project.
- Ensuring Energy Systems are commissioned to deliver optimum low carbon efficiency in Operations, and ensuring compliance with all relevant Legislation, policies and Procedures.
- Lead and motivate an interdisciplinary matrix project team of up to 50 team members, including a diverse range of specialists utilizing Agile processes, and acting as a role model and mentor for staff within the wider business.
- Managing budgeting, resourcing, cost management and management of internal project reporting requirements. Submit business plans and deliver to them on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Establish and implement effective project management approach, ensuring a high standard of information/ configuration management
- Effectively communicating with all stakeholders, acting as the main day-to-day contact and escalation point for the client on all project related matters. Building business relationships vital to project success.
- Always looking to improve our ways of working, to help us work effectively and efficiently.
- Build a project-specific supply chain – including direct sub-contractors and assisting main infrastructure contractor in selecting and appointing their sub-contractors
- Contributing to strategic business development opportunities. Supporting the Head of Delivery in the development and growth of projects throughout the region.
- Ensure the entire network is designed, specified, built, commissioned and adopted to our specifications and standards – by directly driving these through contracts but also through engagement and collaboration with multiple parties on large developments.
- Advocate a no-excuses and accountable approach to delivery – providing transparency and clarity for everyone working with your team.
To be successful, we believe that you have the following experience:
- Full member of an appropriate professional institution (IET, IMech E, CIOB, APM, RICS).
- A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, out of which at least 5 years directing capital-intensive construction projects typically with a minimum value of £20m+.
- Highly desirable experience of providing project management services on building projects featuring design and build of district heating schemes.
- You are a highly motivated and communicative leader who is able to focus on both people and business;
- You are proven skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues, problems and challenges
- Able to set and execute clear business plans
- Experience of taking projects through large capital projects governance processes in a large organization
- Experience of working on projects with multiple partners and fragmented supply chains
- Strong background in safe operation of sites supported with formal training (NEBOSH/IOSH or equivalent)
- Preference will be given to people with experience of delivering heat networks with practical, tangible evidence
- High standard of communication (written, interpersonal, facilitating meetings)
- High degree of competence with software including: Office 365 suite (Word/ Excel Planner); MS Project
To enjoy the work with us we believe you need to be:
- A high performing individual with a drive to excel and raise the bar.
- Energetic, dynamic and inspiring – able to create positive energy and momentum in your teams
- Entrepreneurial and creative in approaching and solving problems – comfortable setting up new processes from scratch and not waiting to be told how.
- Clear and effective communicator in all forms
- Able to successfully influence at all levels – from site operations and construction workers up to CEO.
- Passionate about being part of the transformation taking place in the shift to a zero carbon energy sector
- Someone who pays close attention to details and can connect them to the overall project picture
- Someone who is comfortable and enjoys communicating with people
- Passionate about setting up something new, building new processes and setting new standards
- A very strong doer and hands-on person
The location of this position is London with some home-working but candidate should be prepared to be in London most days.
A challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in an interdisciplinary Joint venture team and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, recruiter, +31615604138.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is May, 7th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you!
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living - building by building, district by district, city by city.
We look forward to your application!