Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. Vattenfall’s main products are electricity and heat.
Vattenfall’s purpose is to Power Climate Smarter Living with the goal to be fossil free within one generation.
Overall purpose of the role
The Senior Service Leader is part of the Operations and Maintenance team and reports to the O&M Managers as well as working under the their supervision and direction
The Senior Service Leader interfaces with the contractor’s Service Manager, Supervisors and Technicians and monitors the contractors’ employees (primarily technicians) as well as operating as a Wind Turbine Safety Rules Authorising Engineer for Vattenfall’s Ramsgate Cluster of Vestas V90 Wind Turbines.
- To coordinate and lead the Supervisory Team which consists of both Vattenfall and Contractor Personnel.
- The Senior Service Leader will ensure that all daily and weekly planning is done in accordance with the clustered initiative and will assist the Supervisory team in decision making and prioritization of tasks and objectives in accordance with the long term plan of the O&M Managers.
- The Senior Service Leader will provide an operational link between each of the Ramsgate Cluster wind farms and the O&M Managers
- Wind Turbine Safety Rules Authorising Engineer for the Vestas V90 Wind Turbine. Required to assist with developing Vattenfall’s Wind Turbine Safety Rules and implantation at sites.
- HV switching and HV infrastructure maintenance planning (Senior Authorised Person on the 33kV network)
- Operational control: day to day management of control of work process (review of RAMS, Processes and procedures)
- Coordination and planning of maintenance activities with contractors and Vattenfall service
team to optimise production.
- Supervision of contractors and sub-contractors.
- Carry out safety audits and inspections of own personnel and contractors.
- Monitoring of wind farm performance, local adjustment of availability calculations, analysis of contractor calculated availability figures, downtime and technical performance.
- Assist the contractor in developing improving their technical processes.
- Working with the Service Leaders on daily and weekly reports to produce monthly performance reports.
- Recommend improvements and development of operational procedures.
- Deputise for O&M Manager as required
- Local key user for SAP PM/DMS/MM, responsible for logging in and tracking service workinto SAP systems.
- Marine supervision: vessel and personnel auditing and monitoring/Tracking.
- Support with onshore facilities management and site administrative activities as required.
- Assist in internal and external audits of O&M processes and performance.
- Applicants will be expected to work at heights.
- Leading and coaching a network of service leaders and technicians.
- Supporting Site Manager/O&M Manager with stakeholder relationships and contractual interfaces.
- Supporting UK generation activities such as implementation of common procedures, development of new operational processes and systems.
- Ensuring good turbine housekeeping according to best practice.
- Complying with all health and safety requirements including the WTSR.
- Providing out of hours and weekend response in accordance with Vattenfall’s ERP.
- Complete service records and checklists (ie AWPs, Method statements, etc).
- Management of various O&M Projects.
- Apprenticeship in electrical and/or mechanical disciplines (higher qualification is desirable).
- Advanced Wind Turbine Knowledge, (preferably Vestas V90) or similar WTG.
- Experienced in all forms of troubleshooting/fault finding with the ability to train others.
- Experience in creating and authorizing technical/safety documentation and assessing technician competence.
- HV knowledge , experience in preparation and issue of safety documents and operational switching experience.
- Good IT skills (Office applications and S.A.P system).
- Experience in leading a team of operational supervisors and technicians.
Position will be based in Ramsgate, Kent but the successful candidate will be required to work for the Ramsgate cluster of Wind Farms.
For more information about the positions or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, phone +31615604138.
We welcome your application in English or Dutch, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is January, 19th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 28,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore, Offshore Wind, Solar and Batteries activities. Today we develop, construct and operate non-hydro renewable generation assets in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
We look forward to your application!