Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Site Manager within our Solar&Batteries team.Your job as Site Manager:
- Develops effective relationships and collaborative working styles with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Indentify and overviews all relevant stakeholders and keeps these stakeholders and their interest in mind in order to prevent a reputation risk due to a conflict of interests.
- Is the interface with most important stakeholders and makes sure that timely communication is set up whenever needed and not yet part of the logical workflow of the project team.
- Escalate the issues to project management when it is needed.
- Supports the Construction Manager in dealing with the project receiver for all the Quality matters.
- Assesses the implementation of the Quality Plan and Quality Control Plans on the site.
- Allocates Quality Control personnel to the various areas of site activity.
- Supports the construction roles in the management and control of subcontractors.
- Cooperates to issue the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP).
- Evaluation and/or drafting of Inspection and Test Plans (ITP)
- First point of contact on the site for e.g. construction, installation and hoisting companies.
- Gives a site induction at the start of construction.
- Checks on site if the project is executed according to agreement. within time, according to agreed qualitative standards and in a safe manner.
- Updates the construction manager and planner on the progress on site after/during site visits, discusses issues when needed. (frequency of progress reports to be aligned with planner and construction manager.
- This role sets up all the document specifics within the specific project and authenticate that the entire document cluster is ready for the Hand-Over Take-Over.
- Organize the optimal document flow.
- Receives, catalogues and stores hard copies and electronic copies of all technical drawings, reports and related information in an orderly manner, in line with policies and procedures.
- Allocates and controls the document numbering system for the project work.
- Responds in a timely manner to requests to retrieve information, information searches and general requests for support from project/department personnel.
- Conducts HSE meetings with project management, site manager and other relevant stakeholders.
Your profile as Site Manager:
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of electrical engineering or engineering for technical project managers;
- Preferably Min 5 years of broad technical experience within the solar industry or very closely related industry;
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus;
- Background within a complex multidisciplinary project environment;
- Motivated to work in a multinational working environment;
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work;
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is in Amsterdam.
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruitment, mail email@example.com
Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period. Last day to apply is June 21st.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.