Do you want to be part of building a new European business venture?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Solutions Manager within the new Business Unit Energy Solutions. The Business Unit is currently present in Germany, Sweden and the UK and will next expand into the Netherlands.
You will become a key member of the Energy Solutions UK and the European Sales Development Team. You will be responsible for developing progressive engineering solutions which are commercially robust to deliver large infrastructure investments undertaken by the Energy Solutions business in UK.
This business venture offers low carbon solutions for large scale heat networks, solar power, electricity infrastructure, e-mobility, storage technologies and digital platforms combining the benefits of both decentralized and centralized energy production to deliver a service fitting the demands of the next generation of infrastructure in the UK.
If you want to be part of building an innovative energy venture then this is the place to be, at the right time.
As a Solutions Manager, you will be responsible for developing and delivering compelling proposals for the next generation of large investments in the low carbon energy sector. This comes at a time when the UK is seeking to transform the way we heat our buildings in order to achieve the environmental improvements – Vattenfall will be on the forefront of this transformation.
The Solutions Manager will play a vital part in securing large, long term contracts as Vattenfall moves to become a market leader in UK energy infrastructure field, build on our existing extensive European operations.
Your focus will be to design, draft manage and ensure the timely delivery of high quality tender responses for major public and private contacts. Responsibilities:
- Developing concept engineering designs and commercial proposals for low and zero carbon heat networks
- Building relationships with client’s design teams and their advisors
- Managing the delivery of projects from tender stages through to close and securing investment decisions
- Engaging and developing relationships with innovative heating technology suppliers
- Raising the profile of Vattenfall’s capabilities in the low carbon energy sector
- Preparing and delivering clear, concise and focused summaries of proposals to senior management
To be successful, we believe that you have the following experience:
- 5+ years working experience in the development of heat or power networks and utilities infrastructure
- Experience in deal structuring and commercial appraisal of investment decisions using cashflow modelling
- Working in the interfaces between technical, commercial and legal specialist
- Charted Engineer, through an appropriate engineering institute such as CIBSE, IMechE, IET
- Track record of succeeding in competitive bidding environment
- Managing projects to strict and challenging deadlines
- Experience working closely with engineering and accounting professionals.
- Outstanding written communication and a flair for content presentation skills.
- Understanding of UK energy and property markets particularly focusing on the drivers for low carbon energy
To enjoy the work with us we believe you need to be:
- A high performing individual with a drive to successfully accomplish what is set to be done
- Passionate about being part of the transformation taking place in the shift to a zero carbon energy sector
- Analytically astute, with drive as a team player that helps everyone else to be better at what they do
- Passionate about setting up something new, building new processes and setting new standards
- A very strong doer and hands-on person
- Able to focus on the country specific while actively participating in our international scalability and excellence
The location of this position is London.
A challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of
the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary Joint venture team and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer flexibility, respect for work life balance and the opportunity for working in a small, dedicated team with a true international outlook.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefor we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruitment, phone +31615604138.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is May, 28th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you!
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living - building by building, district by district, city by city.
We look forward to your application!