Do you want to be part of accelerating the journey towards a fossil free society? Do you want to play key role in Vattenfall´s digital transformation? If yes, we have a great opportunity for you! Strategy and Business Development are looking for an experienced and ambitious Strategy Manger to focus on digital transformation topics and help Vattenfall become fossil free within one generation. By contributing your digital transformation superpowers and strategically managing stakeholder relationships, you will enable Vattenfall to realize value from using technology strategically. By combining strategic expertise and technological mastery, you will, impact Vattenfall’s core processes, existing structures and implement new strategy.
Strategy and Business Development accelerate Vattenfall’s transition to become fossil free within one generation through, Insight: Specialized expertise and holistic perspective in analysis of market and competitive information; Clarity: Link between Group and Business Areas to align stakeholders and communicate the strategic direction; Action: Driving new business opportunities and executing strategic projects.
• Frame technology driven strategies and lead digital transformation projects within Vattenfall by leveraging technology to create significant business impact
• Align leadership and find synergies in business and technology needs across multiple Business Areas and functions
• Engage leadership in the strategic use of technology to create business value for Vattenfall
• Collaborate across Vattenfall and closely with IT to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to drive integrated solutions
• Conclude and condense clear messages and recommendations that leverage your technical and business skills
What we are looking for:
• You have a University/Academic degree or PhD in engineering, science or another technical or related field
• You have at least 5 years’ experience as a digital project manager role, technology or IT strategy related role, digital consultant, digital strategy, digital transformation, IT infrastructure & architecture
• You have proven excellent project management skills and experience from implementing solutions across large and complex organisations
• You conclude and condense clear messages and recommendations and have strong communication skills
• You are a curious, innovative and imaginative problem solver, skilled in dealing with strategic, highly complex issues and challenges
• You are able to focus on people and business, are an inclusive and empathetic team player who develops trust, builds collaborative relationships with colleagues and mentors and motivates others
• You partner with stakeholders to understand their needs and ensure collaboration is mutually beneficial
• Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written
Location: Stockholm (Solna, Arenastaden), Amsterdam or Berlin
Our offer for you
As a strategy manager you will have a unique position to apply strategic skills and technical capabilities to significantly impact Vattenfall’s purpose. You will have the opportunity to develop professional and personal skills and broaden your exposure to strategic topics in the energy industry.
Process and time line
Please apply with your CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 7th of May 2019.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the hiring manager Neil McLauchlan, +46 727 02 91 91. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Ann Nilsson, +46 727 08 57 55.
Trade union representatives in Sweden Annika Stålenheim (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
We look forward to receiving your application!
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
At Vattenfall you can free your superpowers! We are Europe’s fifth largest electricity generator, the largest producer of heat and a market leader in the generation of renewable energy. Vattenfall are a dynamic company with an international focus, we are primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK, the Netherlands, Poland and France. and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.