Become part of our Mission and help us to achieve our goal of being
fossil free within one generation.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
For our Civil and Structural Engineering department within Business Area Wind, we are looking for a Structural Engineer.
• Are you looking for an interesting job with high technical focus and a lot of responsibility?
• Would you like to be part of a growing organization with special focus on Offshore Wind?
• Are you an Engineer with a big E?
• Do you thrive in a true engineering environment with high technical focus and great ambitions?
• Will problem solving and pursuing answers to technical questions motivate you?
• Would you like to design some of the biggest piles in the world?
Then this is the right job for you.
The Civil and Structure department is the competence center for all civil and structural related aspects of the foundations for our offshore windfarms. We hold the technical competences to perform detailed design and design management within the department. We build on continuous improvement and an entrepreneurial mind-set in order to set the standards for future offshore wind foundations.
Your job as Structural Engineer
As our new Structural Engineer your main responsibility will be focused around design of primary steel for monopile foundations for specific projects. In addition you will also be engaged in development of in-house design tools and methodologies.
Main responsibilities include:
• Delivery of foundation design of primary steel design under the foundation package
• Assure integration of quality assurance in calculations and reports
• Take part in design optimisations and tool development
• Secure that interfaces within the foundation package are handled efficiently
• Engage in the development of optimised future foundation structures
Your profile as Structural Engineer
You have an innovative mind-set and can see yourself working in a department where we value entrepreneurship, a pragmatic approach and helpfulness in our daily work. You can work self-dependent while sharing and seeking knowledge in the team. You show initiative and have a flexible approach to your work. You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages on a clear and constructive way both internally and to external partners. You thrive in an informal environment, where we often invent the process and tools. In addition, the following qualifications are important for this position:
• B.Sc or M.Sc degree in civil or mechanical engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of experience within steel design
• Experience with norms and codes such as e.g. DNV, ISO, API and EC, Norsok
• You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing
• Experience with monopile design is preferred but not a prerequisite.
We offer a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
Office location is flexible at one of our European office locations. Occasional travel within northern Europe should be expected.
If you have any questions about the recruiting process, please contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg on +45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is the 10th of March 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.