Do you have a curious and analytical mind and are you able to work with sophisticated with mathematical models? And are you a natural communicator? We might have an interesting position for you! We are looking for a Structuring Analyst to join our team.
You will be working in the Operational Unit Operations (OU). OU Operations is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division - the mission is to enable business. OU Operations is consisting of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, IT to project management.
Your job as a Structuring Analyst:
• Development of valuation models and the pricing of structured contracts such as
o Full requirements gas and power deals
o Renewable energy power purchase agreements (PPAs)
• Supporting front office departments such as Sales, Origination and Trading. In particular
o by advising on structures and determining the fair value for a given deal
o by performing hands on operational tasks such as pricing deals
• Giving customers insights into the value drivers for a deal and an understanding of the calculations behind valuations
• Close cooperation with our customers and stakeholders
• Proactively seeking opportunities to constantly improve operational processes.
Your profile as a Structuring Analyst:
• You have a curious and analytical mind. You enjoy thinking out of the box and taking own initiatives. You have the willingness to leave your comfort zone and learn new things.
• You are able to work with sophisticated mathematical models, or are comfortable learning to do so. But at the same time, you are flexible enough to work on more straightforward analyses (such as crunching large amounts of data), if this is what is needed to support the business.
• You are natural communicator and have the willingness to have direct and frequent interaction with the front office (Sales, Origination, Trading). You are happy to take initiative in interacting with our customers.
• You are enthusiastic about working close with other members of the team – sharing ideas and developing models together.
• Academic degree of a relevant quantitative/financial discipline, such as econometrics, engineering, mathematics, physics or similar
• Knowledge of the energy and commodity markets
• Expertise in quantitative methods
• Programming knowledge – preferable MATLAB and/or Python
• Fluent in English and preferably Dutch
Where are you going to work?
OU is part of the Business Area Markets . Markets maximizes the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimizing and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimize 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.What do we offer you?
At Vattenfall/Nuon you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Are you interested? Send us your motivation letter and CV before the 22nd of April. For more information about the recruitmentprocess you can contact Eva Deen, recruiter, +31611853543.