Do you want to explore, define and validate new business opportunities for Vattenfall and help drive the energy turnaround in Europe? We are now looking for an experienced and ambitious
Student – Mandatory internship, Business Development (open innovation platform green:field)
in our Business Area Wind. The location of the mandatory internship is Berlin.
Your job as a mandatory intern in Business Development
You will be a part of the unit Business Development in Business Area Wind. This BU is responsible for creating new businesses for Vattenfall from other renewable sources (e.g. solar) as well as storage opportunities (e.g. batteries) and develop other innovative business models, including disruptive developments and decentralized energy generation.
green:field is constantly looking for new business models and services to offer to Vattenfall’s customers, and aims to use the cooperation with external and internal entrepreneurs to open new markets and business opportunities in renewable energy. Being a ‘single point of contact’, green:field connects external startups with suitable experts from Vattenfall, and also collecting new business ideas from Vattenfall employees.
Your key responsibilities and duties will be:
- Drive activities on the green:field platform
- Help grow and run the innovation platform green:field
- Manage small projects in the daily operations of the innovation program
- Assist in stakeholder management: communicate and coordinate external startup partners and internal Vattenfall experts
- Assist in evaluating business models from external and internal entrepreneurs
- Assist in developing new business opportunities
- Evaluate new developments in the energy industry and identify innovative business
- Create of effective communication materials, e.g. reports and documents
Your profile as a intern in Business Development
We are looking for someone with an engineering or commercial background who wants to dive into the world of innovation in the energy sector.
- You are studying business, economics, computer science, communications or a comparable course of studies and are at least in the fifth semester of your Bachelor's degree or already in your Master's degree
- You are a self-starter and work best when given freedom in your work. You ask for help and guidance when needed and think beyond the task at hand, making suggestions wherever you see room for improvement.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) knowledge
- Structured way of working
- Solution and results orientation
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, creative mindset – we love new ideas
- Fluency in English and German, written and spoken
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
Working at Vattenfall means more than 'just' having an interesting job in a result-oriented
culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment.
We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal
What can you expect?
- Responsibility, autonomy and flexibility
- Professional development opportunities
- Working on exciting stuff to drive the energy turnaround in Europe
- The working time is 37 hours/week with a 6 months contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible
For more information
The closing date of the vacancy is 09th April, 2018. Please apply directly via the application button.