Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to archiving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for the right person to fill the position as Subsea Cable Specialist for our Business Area Wind, Offshore, Engineering. The Engineering department is the technical know-how center within
Business Area Wind, setting the standards and guidelines as well as being embedded within our projects, both through the development and implementation phase as well as in operations. Your main responsibilities will be to bring expertise into the business within cable systems design for active projects as well various technology tracking initiatives. Your expertise will contribute to Vattenfall´s goal to drive technology and design innovation for current and existing projects within an acceptable risk profile.
The preferred location for this position would be Kolding, Denmark or Hamburg, Germany.
Description of the position as Subsea Cable Specialist
• Contribute to maintain high levels of health and safety performance across all activities to deliver inherently safer projects and working environments
• Provide technical expertise to cable design, manufacturing, testing and commissioning activities
• Coordination of cable design and dimensioning process for AC and DC products towards projects and technology initiatives
• Lead the technical development of cable technology e.g. design, materials, protections etc.
• Build tools and processes as well as technical requirements giving central guidance on cable scope
• Conduct investigations and root cause analysis on existing cable assets
• Working with supply chain to review and improve cable technology to maximize Levelized Cost of Energy while maintaining quality and reliability of supplied cables and accessories
• Pro-active sharing knowledge and engaging as cable engineer within a team of other specialists in the UK, Denmark and Germany.
Qualifications as Subsea Cable Specialist
• B.Sc. or M.Sc in Electrical engineering
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience with high voltage on- and offshore cables
• Subsea cable design experience. Landfall/onshore cable experience an advantage
• Both practical and theoretical experience with cable, cable system and accessory design
• Experience with cable/accessory production facilities and factory/site acceptance testing and advantage
• Good English language skills and preferable also good German and/or Danish language skills
• Willingness to travel and work offshore
• High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
You have a high degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work. You possess good interpersonal skills works well with other people, and you have an innovative mindset. You are result-oriented and you organize and prioritize your work effectively meeting required deadlines. You have the courage to act on your conviction, and you display discretion under time pressure.
Kolding, Denmark or Hamburg, Germany.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development
If you need more information as regards to the position, do not hesitate to contact Manager Ian Baker , phone +44 7976783717
If you have any questions to the recruiting process please contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
Apply online on this page.
For your information
The position is advertised on several jobsites, where different regulations apply. Thus, there is no time limit on the advertisement; instead, we will remove it once the position is filled.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues, Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction, and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation, and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.