Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
To support our growing business in the UK, Vattenfall is looking to develop and expand it’s UK tax function which is based in Hexham (Northumberland).
Overall purpose of the role:
The overall purpose of the position is being responsible for the UK tax position of Vattenfall, stretching from UK tax strategy to UK tax compliance, together with the UK Country tax manager. Reporting line will be to Head of Tax NL / UK.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and filing the annual corporation tax returns in compliance with tax laws and regulations and for cost effective and efficient procedures and responding to queries from UK tax authorities;
- Calculating the tax numbers in the statutory accounts, preparing the disclosures of the Vattenfall UK companies and responding to queries from external auditors;
- Internal quarterly tax reporting to Vattenfall AB, located in Stockholm, Sweden the parent company, including tax cash payment forecasting;
- Documenting and testing tax processes and tax controls;
- Advising the UK Vattenfall management within fiscal guidelines and procedures and internal guidelines with the objective of optimizing the company’s tax position;
- Participating in interdisciplinary projects (such as, but not limited to restructurings and investments) and merger & acquisition projects from a tax perspective, in accordance with tax guidelines and procedures in order to assure optimal decision-making;
- Monitoring fiscal developments, instructions and jurisprudence and changes in tax laws and regulations, in particular in the United Kingdom and the European Union, in such a way as to anticipate these and apply them within Vattenfall UK;
- Actively building an internal and external network and maintains this, taking into account Vattenfall’s interests, in such a way as to stay abreast of relevant developments, increase knowledge and experience within the organization.
- > 3 years of relevant experience;
- ACA/ACCA/CTA, or similar qualified;
- Self-motivated team player with a diligent and detailed approach to completing tasks;
- Strong analytical skills. Able to understand, question and challenge a range of financial data;
- Confidence to communicate effectively with internal and external parties;
- Flexible and proactive approach;
- This will be a visible role so requires someone with an approachable personality, strong focus and good communication skills.
Hexham (Northumberland). The position will require occasional travelling throughout UK and Europe (main European offices in Amsterdam, Berlin and Stockholm).
For more information about the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, +31615604138.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is May, 31th.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 32,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
We look forward to your application!