Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as Technical Expert with the focus on array cable installation for our Offshore Wind Development Projects.
Your job as Technical Expert - array cable installation
Focus on all marine operations related to the installation of IAC (in addition CIV / OSS / WTG) for development projects. Deliver T&I budget estimates for development projects. Provide tendering documents for Vattenfall bids and negotiate and finalize installation logistics contracts. Participate in planning meetings with the development team and align with the managers of the main asset contracts.
- Manage the provision of budget estimates and corresponding fact books for mainly installation of IAC (in addition CIV / OSS / WTG) as well as for construction management.
- Coordinate and oversee the delivery of pre-qualification material of Vattenfall’s bids related to installation of IAC (in addition CIV / OSS / WTG).
- Manage the delivery of tendering documents related to the installation of IAC (in addition CIV / OSS / WTG).
- Manage and participate in contract negotiation and finalization of contracts on the installation of IAC (in addition CIV / OSS / WTG).
- Manage that lessons learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project and included within the project close-out. Update the lessons learnt database and ensure that lessons learnt are shared and implemented within the organization.
- Ensure that processes within the work package are standardized. Suggest and develop new procedures, checklists etc. where required.
- Constantly lead the Change Management work and ensure the optimal project/business case decisions.
- Other relevant ad-hoc projects or duties as required by Construction Support.
- Provide and implement strategic input and support cross-project developments to improve Vattenfall’s construction management approach related to marine operations with the goal to make Vattenfall become leader in “Levelized Energy Costs” (LEC).
- Liaise with the line management team organization, share knowledge and information, assist monitoring and trouble shooting and facilitate resource management.
Your profile as Technical Expert - array cable installation
- Bachelor/Master engineering degree, with in-depth IAC installation knowledge. Additionally, min. 5 years' experience within the field of offshore installation operations / marine operations.
- Offshore and onshore project development experience or significant understanding of principles and practices.
- Knowledge about offshore installation vessels (e.g. cable laying).
- Knowledge about cable installation from floating foundations is a plus
- Experience with marine risk management.
- Knowledge about budgeting and developing cost estimates for marine operations in offshore wind industry.
- Tendering and contract negotiation skills. Experience in FIDIC / LOGIC / BIMCO contracts.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Good English language skills.
- Ability to work in an international environment.
- Well organized and structured work approach.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of this position is flexible to the Vattenfall/BA Wind main locations (Hamburg, Kolding, London or Amsterdam). Regular business trips are required.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website. Please let us know your salary expectations. Last day to apply is August 31st 2018.
For more information about the recruitment process, you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Vanessa Koop, phone +4940790227786 or mail email@example.com.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward to your application!