Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
We are looking for a Technical Foundation Specialist to be responsible for our technical development and new foundation solutions going forward. Focus will be on design of offshore wind foundations.
• Do you see yourself as a technical source of information for colleagues, projects and external clients?
• Do you have practical substantive knowledge and a real hands on mentality?
• Are you interested in a job with great potential, many possibilities and large responsibility?
• Will you be a contribution to a growing organization with special focus on Offshore Wind?
Then this is the job you are looking for!
As our new Technical Foundation Specialist you provide detailed advice to internal and external stakeholders on technical issues relating to the design and construction of our foundation systems. Taking the lead in state of the art design the tool development both for known technologies and future foundations will be one of your key responsibilities. The daily work will be focused around our internal design team, and will also include a leadership advisory role, thereby impacting Vattenfall´s overall design strategy.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Supporting the organization giving practical advice and technical solutions based on practical experience and industry best practice.
• Lead the drafting of standards and guidelines considering technology, commercial and safety aspects.
• Support the department on Advanced FE modelling e.g. Ansys, Patran/Nastran and code development e.g. Matlab and Python.
• Act as anchor for knowledge sharing and lessons learned within the organization.
• Identifying key areas of optimization both site specific and on general level.
• Driving and developing design tools and methods to achieve continuous improvement
You are a structural engineer with extensive experience. You possess the ability to create an overview of complex topics and evaluate the best outcome taking all sides into consideration. You work self-dependent while sharing and seeking knowledge in the team. You show initiative and have a flexible approach to your work. You possess good interpersonal skills and can communicate technical messages on a clear and constructive way both internally and to external partners.
• B.Sc or M.Sc degree in structural engineering or equivalent
• 10+ years of experience with structural design, preferably within wind or offshore applications
• Experienced with structural design codes such as e.g. DNV, ISO, API and EC
• You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing
• Experience with monopile and jacket design for offshore wind is a prerequisite
It is important that you have in-depth technical knowledge and excellent communication and customer-oriented skills. You are a real team player, you are proactive, pragmatic, creative and you are able to work independently and manage your own work. You can handle pressure well with focus on several projects at the same time.
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Flexible in Denmark, but occasional travel within northern Europe should be expected.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact Hans Jessen Jensen, Head of Design & Structural Engineering on +45 27 87 49 78
For more information about the recruitment process contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg on + 45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is May 27th 2018.
We look forward to receiving your application!
At Vattenfall we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues, Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in Northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to sustainable society – people like you.
BA Wind is responsible for the development, construction and operation of wind power. We manage the maintenance, operation and continuous improvement of wind generation assets, safely and with the highest levels of availability and profitability.
We carry out the sourcing and development of wind projects as well as having the full responsibility for wind project execution. We also perform the structuring and execution of project partnerships in accordance with overall wind strategy.