Do you want to be part of an international energy trading environment who is aware of climate change and has the strategy to work together towards a more clean and smarter living? Then continue reading!
We are currently facing a fast changing business environment in our markets. Our International Energy Trading company is thriving and we need more passionate team members to join us to keep moving forward towards a clean future.
We are currently searching for a highly motivated TPM Analyst to join the Transaction & Position Management Team (TPM). The TPM team is an international team and has a key role within the Business Area Markets, with the main responsibility to maintain the Sales Portfolio of various countries and commodities.
In this role, we offer you a dynamic and international environment where you will be working in a young analytical team and tackle new and bigger challenges as your skill set evolves. Your contribution and impact are of the greatest significance and contribute to the success of BA Markets.
What you will do?
- Participates in the operational shift during business hours, which is divided over the people in team.
- Runs operational processes according to the working instructions and guidelines in a timely and accurate manner.
- Actively monitors issues, understands the impact of issues and works independently on analysing and solving issues. Escalating to the senior analyst when necessary.
- Manages the complete portfolio in the TPM system, including follow-up on inconsistencies with our stakeholders.
- Delivers structural and ad-hoc customized reports. Follows up on information requests from the various stakeholders.
- Monitors and recognizes operational risk and takes suitable action where necessary.
- Constantly strives for improving processes to enable stable and efficient operations.
- Actively seek for and initiate improvement opportunities.
- Acts as a contact person for the stakeholders of TPM in Germany.
- Assists junior team members.
Education / experience
- University degree or comparable education. Educations with strong affinity on handling data or energy topics is a benefit.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written. Proficiency in Dutch or German is a benefit.
- Knowledge of the (international) energy market is a benefit.
- Knowledge of energy sourcing and pricing is a benefit.
- Experience in working with development teams is a benefit.
- Experience in an international environment is a benefit.
- 2-5 years workings experience in a similar field.
- Strong communicator in an international environment with the ability to balance customer needs with internal resource capacity.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to understand processes, to analyse issues by gathering information and to make connections and draw conclusions.
- Structured approach and accurate way of working with a close attention for detail, even in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and to plan and prioritise own work, taking initiative when required.
- Confident in handling large data sets and experienced in data processing and/or (ad-hoc) data analysis.
- Ability to work together with others and share knowledge.
- Teamplayer with a positive and enthusiastic attitude to work, with a willingness to overcome challenges and getting things done by finding creative solutions.
- Po-active attitude; shows initiatives to continuously improve processes, systems, (own) work etc.
- A strong sense of responsibility for your work and its accuracy and efficiency.
- Stress-resistant and being able to cope with multiple requests/issues at the same time.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Business Area Markets maximises the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimising and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall's assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimise 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
Do you share our passion and do you believe you would enjoy being part of a dynamic, (fast-paced), challenging international energy trading environment? Then we welcome you to apply!