Power Climate Smarter living - that’s our purpose. We are looking for the brightest minds to make this happen. Start your climate smarter career and become one of the thirty trainees that start their journey in September 2019. Together you will contribute to a fossil free future. You will have a unique position to contribute to our purpose. All we ask from you is to use your Superpowers and share your energy to help us achieve our goal.
Every trainee position is unique, linked to a department within a specific business area and a working location. This means that each position has its own specific responsibilities and challenges and matching profile. Your responsibilities as R&D Engineer in the field of Customer Products & Solutions
Vattenfall’s corporate R&D department has group wide responsibility for conducting business driven technical development in support of the company’s strategic focus areas. We strive to combine technical excellence with strong customer focus and business acumen. As R&D Engineer in the field of Customer Products & Solutions you will be involved in developing novel energy solutions from both a technical and business perspective.
• Leading and participating in development and demonstration projects
• Offer technical support to our business and product developers, in the Nordics as well as in our other core markets in Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom
• Carrying out initial business case analyses for new customer-oriented energy products and services.
• Work closely with internal and external stakeholders in projects primarily related to data analytics, E-mobility, solar PV, batteries, microgrids and demand side management Your profile as R&D Engineer in the field of Customer Products & Solutions
Whether you want a climate smarter career as an energy specialist, visionary manager or inspirational project leader in the energy sector. We offer you these possibilities within the trainee programme. We are looking for recent graduates holding an academic degree. You are fluent in business English. Skills in other world languages can be a merit. Furthermore, you are willing to relocate for possible assignments throughout the organization. You identify yourself with our principles: active, open, positive and safe.
As a R&D Engineer in the field of Customer Products &Solutions you recognize yourself in the following qualifications and personal qualities:
• You are a recent graduate at Master’s level or higher and have a degree in Engineering with an energy relevance, preferably complemented with a business background
• You are purpose and result driven with the ability to prioritize to meet sharp deadlines
• You have the ambition to be one of the future top performers within the energy sector. You will strive to become a thought leader in your field of expertise
• You are entrepreneurial and enjoy solving problems. You love taking on new challenges , finding creative solutions and have the ability to cope with uncertainty
• You are inquisitive, and learn quickly. You have good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to explain complicated issues to a wide variety of audiences
Location: Stockholm (Solna) or Älvkarleby Our offer for you as an International Trainee
Vattenfall International Trainee Programme is the kickstart of your career within Vattenfall. You will have the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills over the course of a year. In the trainee programme you will take part in international workshops and site visits during the seminar weeks. You will have the opportunity to work abroad and get a good overview of our entire organization. Each position comes with a competitive salary and an excellent remuneration package. Diversity & inclusion - in everything we do
At Vattenfall we build on the fact that diverse teams can outperform homogeneous teams. But we can only unleash and leverage the power of diversity, if we make everybody feel included. Read more about our important work on diversity & inclusion https://corporate.vattenfall.com/careers/working-at-vattenfall/diversity/
. More information
We welcome your application in English, including resume and cover letter via the application button at this page. You can read more about the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme and meet our former trainees at https://corporate.vattenfall.com/career/students-and-graduates/international-trainee-programme/
Last day to apply is March 10th 2019. Selection period starts in March/April, followed by interviews in April/May. An assessment is also part of the recruitment process and will take place in May in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The recruitment process will be finalized around the end of May/beginning of June. The last step will be a pre-employment screening. Starting date of the Vattenfall International Trainee Programme will be September 2nd 2019.
We look forward to your application! If you have any questions regarding the trainee programme in general or the specific trainee position, contact responsible recruiter Ann-Christine Hedberg Söderström, firstname.lastname@example.org
. Our Organization
At Vattenfall you can free your superpowers! We are one of the European market leaders in the generation of renewable energy and are primarily active in Scandinavia, Germany, UK and the Netherlands. Together we discover renewable energy solutions. We are a dynamic company with an international focus and a social face at the heart of society. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation.
Want to learn more about what we do? Visit www.vattenfall.com
. Since Vattenfall is a part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates might be subjected to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation