VMware platform administrator.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Main responsibilities as VMware platform administrator / IT Platform Administrator
As VMware platform administrator you will configure, test and operate our virtual platform, and backup infrastructure.
You will be part of the SCADA / Wind Power Data Centre team responsible for data integration of all wind farms. Collect, store and process data related to wind, to offer the business process data to support their task through advanced and reporting tools.
• Maintaining the virtual infrastructure hardware, operating systems, and VMs on servers which support business processing requirements.
• Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMware vCenter infrastructure.
• Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMware ESXi infrastructure.
• Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the VMware Log Insight.
• Maintain VM templates for building servers in the virtual environment.
• Proactively monitor event logs for changes or errors and take appropriate actions to resolve issues.
• Maintain, upgrade, and implement improvements to the Veeam backup.
• Managing Veeam backup and disaster restore.
• Manage available virtual and storage resources within the infrastructure environment.
• Collaborate with team members to resolve problems.
• Perform upgrades to operating systems and software packages (Windows services, or other enterprise apps) as necessary.
• Create and maintain system documentation for updates made to the infrastructure environment.
• Participate in server design and implementations of the selected solutions.
• Support windfarm projects from tender to O&M.
• Operate Orion SolarWinds monitoring system
• Operate and plan in Jira project and Jira service desk
• Experience with administration of VMware in a stretched cluster environment.
• Experience with administration of storage systems in a clustered environment.
• Experience with IBM Storewize, EMC/Dell VNXe and HP Lefthand, Store Virtual is preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• The successful candidate must have the ability to oversee all aspects of data center operations including but not limited to replacement of equipment, cable management, ensuring proper cooling and power, maintenance of schematics, inventory management, and future planning.
• Knowledge of Windows infrastructure technologies (AD, DNS, WSUS, Certificates)
• It’s preferred you are “VMware Certified Advanced/Professional Data Center Virtualization”
• It’s preferred you are “Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE)”
As we operate in an international environment, it is essential that you speak and write English Fluently and an advantage if you speak and write Danish. Moreover, you have strong communication skills and are able to communicate well with representatives from various professional groups, external business partners and colleagues
• You have a strong personal drive, responsibility and ownership of your tasks.
• You are a true team player and able to add to the existing team spirit.
• You can act and work in a dynamic environment.
• You have a systematic and focused approach.
• You are strongly performance oriented – enjoy a challenge and good at capturing lessons learned.
• You see documentation and process as a natural and integrated part of the work.
• You are comfortable with a changing environment and an international perspective.
• You show a proactive approach towards tasks and stakeholders.
• You are able to make and implement decisions effectively.
• You are ready to participate in a limited 24/7 “on call” support.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as ‘Ask and Share’ concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location of the position is Esbjerg. The job can require limited travelling activities to our Wind project sites in Europe.
For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Jette Ingeberg, Senior Recruiter, phone +45 22 57 07 51.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. The application deadline is January the 21st 2018, but we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you..
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, The Netherlands and the UK.