Do you have a curious and creative mindset? Do you want to explore, define and validate new business opportunities for Vattenfall? We are now looking for an experienced and ambitious
Working Student (m/f) in our Business Area Wind
The working time is 20 hours / week with a limited contract. The location is Berlin.
You will be a part of the unit Business Development in Business Area Wind. This BU is responsible for creating new businesses for Vattenfall from other renewable sources (e.g. solar) as well as storage opportunities (e.g. batteries) and develop other innovative business models, including disruptive developments and decentralized energy generation at customer sites.
green:field is constantly looking for new business models and services to offer to Vattenfall’s customers, and aims to use the cooperation with external and internal entrepreneurs to improve how Vattenfall is running its core business. Being a ‘single point of contact’, green:field connects external startups with suitable experts from Vattenfall, and also collecting new business ideas from Vattenfall employees.
Key responsibilities and duties
Drive activities on the green:field platform:
- Support our Business Development and Marketing Team in day-to-day business
- Coordinate and organise internal and external workshops and conferences in the context of Lean Startup, Blockchain and Demodays to exploit disruptive technologies
- Communication towards stakeholders incl. startups (e.g. webpage, e-mail, events)
- Assisting with evaluating business models from external and internal entrepreneurs
- Assisting with developing new business opportunities
- Evaluate new developments in the energy industry and identify innovative business
- Creation of effective communication materials, e.g. reports and documents
Requirements and desired skills
Are you triggered by renewable energy? Perfect! We are looking for someone with an engineering or commercial background who wants to dive into the world of innovation in the energy sector.
- You are studying business, economics, computer science, communications or a comparable course of studies and are at least in the third semester of your Bachelor's degree or in your master's degree
- You are a self-starter and work best when given freedom in your work. You ask for help and guidance when needed and think beyond the task at hand, making suggestions wherever you see room for improvement.
- You are a great communicator who is able to listen, brings a message across clearly, retrieves information needed and furthermore know how to adapt to your audience.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Structured way of working
- Pragmatic personality, performance-oriented with ability to prioritize
- Team player, self-motivated, proactive, creative mindset – we love new ideas
- Fluency in English and German, written and spoken
What can you expect?
- Flexible working hours (up to 20 hours per week)
- The possibility to work in an exciting and challenging energy industry
- Professional development opportunities to expand your knowledge through cross-functional collaboration and training experience
Working at Vattenfall means more than 'just' having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment. We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for
diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company.
Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion,
gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
The Vattenfall Business Area Wind runs all offshore and onshore wind projects (development, construction and execution) and manages as well as operates wind farms (offshore and onshore) in our core markets. In addition, the BA takes care of identifying profitable growth options for any other kind of renewable energy sources and of developing solutions for system integration of renewable energy sources.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact Charlotte Behm via phone +49 30 8182 4790, for information about the recruitment process please contact Matthias Gramsch, via phone +49 40 79022 22308 or apply directly via the application button.