Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like PV/Solar. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our Solar operations further.
Do you want to shape the future?
Vattenfall is now looking for the right person to fill the position as WTG Loads & Aerodynamic Engineer in the WTG Systems Engineering team located within the WTG Engineering department in the BU Offshore.
As WTG Loads & Aerodynamic Engineer you will be responsible for developing and analysing full WTG load models and support the development and analysis of complete load models of WTG-foundation systems. In addition to your solid background in WTG load modelling you will also have experience in blade and aerodynamic design and an excellent understanding of the entire WTG system from a loads perspective including its control systems. In this role you will be at the forefront of and help shaping the future of wind farm design at Vattenfall.
As WTG Loads & Aerodynamic Engineer you will take a key role in developing technology roadmaps, carry out integrated structural modelling and provide expertise in aerodynamic performance. Your key responsibilities will be:
• Develop and analyze complete WTG load models in HAWC2 and support the loads, met-ocean and wind team in developing and analysing load models of complete WTG-foundation systems
• Conduct aero-elastic simulations for loads as well as aerodynamic modelling
• Review and conduct site specific load calculations and optimize loads to reduce LEC for our projects
• Design and validate power curve improvements for WTGs in our existing fleet
• Evaluate the WTG suppliers load calculations and validation
• Implement controllers from WTG OEMs
• Keep up to date on new developments in the WTG engineering area
• Work with Wind Farm Design, the Loads Met-ocean and Wind Team and WTG OEMs as well as other internal and external stakeholders
The location of this position is flexible but preferably Kolding or Hamburg. Some business travel will be required.
What we are looking for
• Masters or PhD degree in structural, mechanical, aeronautical engineering or relevant background
• At least 10 years of working experience in the wind industry
• At least 5 years of experience specifically working with aero-elastic loads simulation tools, such as HAWC2
• Industry experience in blade aerodynamics and design
• Deep knowledge of WTG blade design, manufacturing and testing
• Programming knowledge e.g. Fortran 90, Matlab, Python
• System understanding of WTG loads and controls
• Sufficient experience in order to estimate unknown input parameters
• You command English in both verbal and written form
• Ability to communicate with and inspire stakeholders at various levels in the organisation as well as external suppliers
You have a high degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work. You possess good interpersonal skills and you have an innovative mindset. You enjoy the specialist work and are result-oriented in your work meeting required deadlines.
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Process and time line
Please send in your application as soon as possible and do not wait until the last day. Applications will be handled continuously throughout the application period. Last day to apply is December 31, 2017.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact the Manager of WTG System Engineering, Rikke Balle, Tel. +4527875861.
For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Senior Recruiter Jette Ingeberg +45 22 57 07 51.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.